Please, a moment of silence for Mr. Bunny...

Andy Somnifac

Jul 10, 2009
On my way into work this morning, I witnessed a tragedy... Mr. Bunny decided upon exactly the wrong time to attempt to cross the wrong (6 lane divided) road.

As I was passing a highway on-ramp, a nice, fluffy bunny decided that was the time he NEEDED to cross the street. As he darted out, he saw me and thought "OH NOES! A PEOPLES ON A BIKE!" and darted back towards the curb. Unfortunately that was the time the only vehicle for a 1/4 mile in each direction was using the on-ramp. He darted right under the truck... He didn't make it...

I never want to clean bunny bits off my leg, bike, or shoes ever again...

So, please, a moment of silence of Mr. Bunny...

We have a state law here that allows you to take road kill if you wish.

I met a travel once that told me that for a while he survived on eating road kill. Nice!
(Ooooh my first post - looking for a forum to go introduce myself now!)

I hate chipmunks! They dart out in the road right in front of you so you swerve to miss them by aiming towards the side of the road that they came from. After they get part way across the road though, they change direction and go back the way they came. This may work wonders when trying to escape raptors, but fails miserably when trying to escape bicycles. I have two little chipmunks painted on my top tube, and a squirrel's tail but that is a different story.