please do not buy stolen bicycle(s)

Yuri Budilov

Guest
Hello everyone

a small appeal......

my house (in Caulfield, Melbourne) got burgled on Monday morning (30 May).

My 2005 Specialized Roubaix Comp, frame size 54cm, Ultegra/Durace
double*10-speed, black, carbon road bicycle was stolen. It's serial number
(frame, near bottom bracket) is STB24C269. It has Selle Italia Flite Gelflow
saddle with centre cut-out and Shimano Ultegra pedals and Vetta V100
wireless computer.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=9641

If you see/hear/read about such a bicycle please help your fellow road
cyclist and notify police (they have all these details) or myself via
e-mail. Police folks think it might turn up on e-bay or in trading post or
at some second hand shops one day soon. Please help catch the criminals.

many thanks
[email protected]

Yuri, Buddy

Get round to your local Cash (crime) converter type shops with a photo of your steed.
Despite it being common sense, the police WILL NOT check there.

Also let all your LBS's know.

Now the big one. Get out to Bicycle Recycle in Moorabbin.

That is where my stolen bike was found (vic licence engraved on the BB and all)
It had been there for the 4 months since it was stolen.
But of course we know they wouldn't buy stolen gear.

Skewer

Yuri Budilov wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> a small appeal......
>
> my house (in Caulfield, Melbourne) got burgled on Monday morning (30 May).
>
> My 2005 Specialized Roubaix Comp, frame size 54cm, Ultegra/Durace
> double*10-speed, black, carbon road bicycle was stolen. It's serial number
> (frame, near bottom bracket) is STB24C269. It has Selle Italia Flite Gelflow
> saddle with centre cut-out and Shimano Ultegra pedals and Vetta V100
> wireless computer.
>
> http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=9641
>
> If you see/hear/read about such a bicycle please help your fellow road
> cyclist and notify police (they have all these details) or myself via
> e-mail. Police folks think it might turn up on e-bay or in trading post or
> at some second hand shops one day soon. Please help catch the criminals.
>
> many thanks
> [email protected]

Yep, I concur with Skewer.

My bike was stolen a few years back when our house was broken into.
I received money from the insurance company to buy a new bike, so trotted
along to my favourite LBS to choose a new shiny steed. But, there was my
stolen bike sitting in the second hand bike section! LBS was very
apologetic, and they did have enough information on the guy who brought it
in to have him convicted. So a happy ending, although I had kind of been
looking forward to a new bike!

BruceA

BruceA said:
Yep, I concur with Skewer.

My bike was stolen a few years back when our house was broken into.
I received money from the insurance company to buy a new bike, so trotted
along to my favourite LBS to choose a new shiny steed. But, there was my
stolen bike sitting in the second hand bike section! LBS was very
apologetic, and they did have enough information on the guy who brought it
in to have him convicted. So a happy ending, although I had kind of been
looking forward to a new bike!

BruceA
And check the bikes in the Police Auctions. You might think that they would already have been examined to ensure that if they were on the stolen goods register the true owner would have been notified. However, the auctions have specific procedures in place for people to claim their bikes on the inspection day prior to the auction itself, thus indicating that some stolen bikes get through those procedures and get to the auctions. Might be worth a check.

SteveA

"BruceA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yep, I concur with Skewer.
>
> My bike was stolen a few years back when our house was broken into.
> I received money from the insurance company to buy a new bike, so trotted
> along to my favourite LBS to choose a new shiny steed. But, there was my
> stolen bike sitting in the second hand bike section! LBS was very
> apologetic, and they did have enough information on the guy who brought it
> in to have him convicted. So a happy ending, although I had kind of been
> looking forward to a new bike!
>
> BruceA

thanks everyone. I have checked with Bicycle Recycle, nothing (yet?). Will
keep en eye on it.....

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:33:52 GMT, "Yuri Budilov"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"BruceA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Yep, I concur with Skewer.
>>
>> My bike was stolen a few years back when our house was broken into.
>> I received money from the insurance company to buy a new bike, so trotted
>> along to my favourite LBS to choose a new shiny steed. But, there was my
>> stolen bike sitting in the second hand bike section! LBS was very
>> apologetic, and they did have enough information on the guy who brought it
>> in to have him convicted. So a happy ending, although I had kind of been
>> looking forward to a new bike!
>>
>> BruceA

>thanks everyone. I have checked with Bicycle Recycle, nothing (yet?). Will
>keep en eye on it.....

Good luck, Yuri. I forgot to mention Cash Converters when I emailed
you last week. I want to emphasize what Skewer said about this. Before
the Cash Converters nearest to us opened, I know of nobody in our
street who had been burgled. In the 6 to 12 months after they opened,
every house without a dog was broken into. They have lots of bikes in
the shop.

--
Regards.
Richard.