PLEASE HELP:Campy ErgoBrain w/ Internal Routing on Bars

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by puma, Feb 2, 2005.

1. puma

puma New Member

Okay. So the problem is that I've got new bars with internal routing for derailleur/brake cable, but I'm stumped on as to how I can route the ergobrain shifter plugs (circled in the picture below) from the cradle to the shifters. Both the plugs and cradle are obviously too large to fit throught the internal routing path. Both ends of the cables are not detachable (both are glued/soldered into their counterparts [cradle/plugs]) unlike the speed and cadence sensor wiring. The top of the bars will be exposed (the main reason why most bars come with internal routing) so I can't just tape them along the bar and cover with bar tape. The best soultion I can think of is to cut through the sealent in the cradle bed and unsoldering the wiring, then pulling them throught the routing and finally resoldering them. Or just getting a new computer that doesn't integrate with the Campy shifters. But if I do that I'm assuming I'll have to buy campy shifter plugs that aren't for the ErgoBrain???????

[​IMG]

Maybe this is why I've never really seen the ErgoBrain used with bars like the Cinelli Rams, FSA K-Wings, Deda Alaneras, etc..... :(

Any light on the matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tags:

2. puma

puma New Member

Nevermind. I did the soldering thing I mentioned, all works fine.

3. fiocco

fiocco New Member

I'm having the your same problem, can you give me more details on the soldering?

Thank you

Fiocco

4. puma

puma New Member

I'll post some pics this weekend.