Please Help: Dana Farber Marathon Callenge

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Dec 13, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    My father has been a surivior of cancer for close to 20 years. My wife
    and I have decided that it was time for us to repay the gift that
    modern medicine has given us, many more years with dad.

    Wendy and I have both been picked to be on the Dana-Farber Marathon
    Calleneg Team. We will be running our first marathon, the Boston
    Marathon, in order to raise money for cancer research.

    We need your support. Our goal is to raise $13,000 between the two of
    us. We run on April 18th, 2005 and we are well into our taining (14
    miles on Saturday)!

    Please visit our website and all of the links. Please make a donation
    and help us in fighting cancer.

    http://users.rcn.com/gregoc/

    100% of the money raised goes straight to cancer research!
    Thank you,

    Greg O'Connor

    Tags:

  2. Paul

    Paul Guest

    How can you run Boston Marathon as your first marathon? Please explain how
    did you quallify without running marathon ever before.

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hello,
    >
    > My father has been a surivior of cancer for close to 20 years. My wife
    > and I have decided that it was time for us to repay the gift that
    > modern medicine has given us, many more years with dad.
    >
    > Wendy and I have both been picked to be on the Dana-Farber Marathon
    > Calleneg Team. We will be running our first marathon, the Boston
    > Marathon, in order to raise money for cancer research.
    >
    > We need your support. Our goal is to raise $13,000 between the two of
    > us. We run on April 18th, 2005 and we are well into our taining (14
    > miles on Saturday)!
    >
    > Please visit our website and all of the links. Please make a donation
    > and help us in fighting cancer.
    >
    > http://users.rcn.com/gregoc/
    >
    > 100% of the money raised goes straight to cancer research!
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Greg O'Connor

  3. Groups for a good cuase such as Dana-Farber ("The Jimmy Fund") raising
    money to find a cure for cancer are given official entries to hand out
    to Team members. My wife and I are part of the Dana-Farber team. We
    have never run a marathon before, but we have official numbers to run
    in the Boston marathon. There are a few other charity groups such as
    the "Team in Training" for luekemia that are given official entries to
    give out to non-qualifiers. What is important is that we are raising
    money for a great cause. Please help. Thanks Paul.

    Greg

  4. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > How can you run Boston Marathon as your first marathon? Please explain
    > how did you quallify without running marathon ever before.

    There are a lots of charities that get a set entries. Boston has been
    supporting Dana Farber a local Cancer research group conected to Havard
    medical. There are others also. A great gesture to support a good cause.
    So yes, not everyone with a number has run a qualifier. If you would
    like to see the entire list see
    http://www.bostonmarathon.org/BostonMarathon/Charity.asp

    -DougF

  5. >Groups for a good cuase such as Dana-Farber ("The Jimmy Fund") raising
    >money to find a cure for cancer are given official entries to hand out
    >to Team members. My wife and I are part of

    ....a team of ripoff artists. I contacted BM officals, they've never heard of
    these two.

  6. Who are you??

    If you contact the BAA and ask about the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge
    they will confirm that the charity is connected with them. The
    officials at BAA do not personally know everyone who will be officially
    running until they have recieved the aplication forms from the runners.
    We are on the Dana-Farber team and are recieving entries through that
    organization. If you contact the Dana-Farber team through their
    Marathon Callenge web site they will confirm that we are members of the
    team.

    100% of your donation goes to cancer research. All checks are made out
    to Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund.

    Greg

  7. Join
    Dr. Folkman's War...
    Stop cancer.

    _______
    <A
    HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
    s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

  8. >Who are you??

    Net pig.

    >If you contact the BAA and ask about the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge
    >they will confirm that the charity is connected with them.

    I did! They never heard of you.

  9. Are you saying that the Boston Athletic Association has never heard of
    the Dana-Farber Marathon Callenge?
    If that is so, then you were talking to the wrong person. The DFMC is
    listed under the charities involved right on the BAA web site.

    If you are trying to find out if my wife and I are connected with the
    DFMC you have to contact the DFMC (not the BAA).

    Just take the time to check things out correctly before you post a
    slam.

    Thanks

    Greg

  10. Look thief, I'll respond once more.

    >Are you saying that the Boston Athletic Association has never heard of
    >the Dana-Farber Marathon Callenge?

    No.

    >The DFMC is
    >listed under the charities involved right on the BAA web site.

    I checked with the Baa, and baa baa, and runDMC, and nobody, anywhere, ever
    heard of you. This whole thing is a figment of your tiny mind, to what end I
    don't know.

    >If you are trying to find out if my wife and I are connected with the
    >DFMC you have to contact the DFMC (not the BAA).

    Never heard of you.

    >Just take the time to check things out correctly before you post a
    >slam.

    I did, you thief.