Please Help: Dana Farber Marathon Callenge

Hello,

My father has been a surivior of cancer for close to 20 years. My wife
and I have decided that it was time for us to repay the gift that
modern medicine has given us, many more years with dad.

Wendy and I have both been picked to be on the Dana-Farber Marathon
Calleneg Team. We will be running our first marathon, the Boston
Marathon, in order to raise money for cancer research.

We need your support. Our goal is to raise $13,000 between the two of
us. We run on April 18th, 2005 and we are well into our taining (14
miles on Saturday)!

Please visit our website and all of the links. Please make a donation
and help us in fighting cancer.

http://users.rcn.com/gregoc/

100% of the money raised goes straight to cancer research!
Thank you,

Greg O'Connor

How can you run Boston Marathon as your first marathon? Please explain how
did you quallify without running marathon ever before.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello,
>
> My father has been a surivior of cancer for close to 20 years. My wife
> and I have decided that it was time for us to repay the gift that
> modern medicine has given us, many more years with dad.
>
> Wendy and I have both been picked to be on the Dana-Farber Marathon
> Calleneg Team. We will be running our first marathon, the Boston
> Marathon, in order to raise money for cancer research.
>
> We need your support. Our goal is to raise $13,000 between the two of
> us. We run on April 18th, 2005 and we are well into our taining (14
> miles on Saturday)!
>
> Please visit our website and all of the links. Please make a donation
> and help us in fighting cancer.
>
> http://users.rcn.com/gregoc/
>
> 100% of the money raised goes straight to cancer research!
> Thank you,
>
> Greg O'Connor

Groups for a good cuase such as Dana-Farber ("The Jimmy Fund") raising
money to find a cure for cancer are given official entries to hand out
to Team members. My wife and I are part of the Dana-Farber team. We
have never run a marathon before, but we have official numbers to run
in the Boston marathon. There are a few other charity groups such as
the "Team in Training" for luekemia that are given official entries to
give out to non-qualifiers. What is important is that we are raising
money for a great cause. Please help. Thanks Paul.

Greg

"Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> How can you run Boston Marathon as your first marathon? Please explain
> how did you quallify without running marathon ever before.

There are a lots of charities that get a set entries. Boston has been
supporting Dana Farber a local Cancer research group conected to Havard
medical. There are others also. A great gesture to support a good cause.
So yes, not everyone with a number has run a qualifier. If you would
like to see the entire list see
http://www.bostonmarathon.org/BostonMarathon/Charity.asp

-DougF

>Groups for a good cuase such as Dana-Farber ("The Jimmy Fund") raising
>money to find a cure for cancer are given official entries to hand out
>to Team members. My wife and I are part of

....a team of ripoff artists. I contacted BM officals, they've never heard of
these two.

Who are you??

If you contact the BAA and ask about the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge
they will confirm that the charity is connected with them. The
officials at BAA do not personally know everyone who will be officially
running until they have recieved the aplication forms from the runners.
We are on the Dana-Farber team and are recieving entries through that
organization. If you contact the Dana-Farber team through their
Marathon Callenge web site they will confirm that we are members of the
team.

100% of your donation goes to cancer research. All checks are made out
to Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund.

Greg

Join
Dr. Folkman's War...
Stop cancer.

_______
<A
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo">http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo</A>

>Who are you??

Net pig.

>If you contact the BAA and ask about the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge
>they will confirm that the charity is connected with them.

I did! They never heard of you.

Are you saying that the Boston Athletic Association has never heard of
the Dana-Farber Marathon Callenge?
If that is so, then you were talking to the wrong person. The DFMC is
listed under the charities involved right on the BAA web site.

If you are trying to find out if my wife and I are connected with the
DFMC you have to contact the DFMC (not the BAA).

Just take the time to check things out correctly before you post a
slam.

Thanks

Greg

Look thief, I'll respond once more.

>Are you saying that the Boston Athletic Association has never heard of
>the Dana-Farber Marathon Callenge?

No.

>The DFMC is
>listed under the charities involved right on the BAA web site.

I checked with the Baa, and baa baa, and runDMC, and nobody, anywhere, ever
heard of you. This whole thing is a figment of your tiny mind, to what end I
don't know.

>If you are trying to find out if my wife and I are connected with the
>DFMC you have to contact the DFMC (not the BAA).

Never heard of you.

>Just take the time to check things out correctly before you post a
>slam.

I did, you thief.