Please help identify this stem

I don't understand why some components are emblazened with the
manufacturer's name in the form of a logo that contains unrecognizable
characters. Take this stem that came on a new bike I just bought. See
the photo at: http://home.comcast.net/~tomdempster/Stem.jpg
It has these words that are legible: "MAGIC" and "3D FORGED". Then
there's something else that perhaps is the manufacturer's name. It is
some sort of strange character followed by "eda". How do I found out
who manufactured this stem? I'd ask the dealer, but he's out of town
for several weeks, and I need documentation (ie: binder bolt tightening
torque spec's). Any ideas appreciated.

[email protected] wrote:
> I don't understand why some components are emblazened with the
> manufacturer's name in the form of a logo that contains unrecognizable
> characters. Take this stem that came on a new bike I just bought. See
> the photo at: http://home.comcast.net/~tomdempster/Stem.jpg
> It has these words that are legible: "MAGIC" and "3D FORGED". Then
> there's something else that perhaps is the manufacturer's name. It is
> some sort of strange character followed by "eda". How do I found out
> who manufactured this stem? I'd ask the dealer, but he's out of town
> for several weeks, and I need documentation (ie: binder bolt tightening
> torque spec's). Any ideas appreciated.

DEDA is the manufacturers name
http://www.dedaelementi.com/it/index.asp

[email protected] wrote:
> I don't understand why some components are emblazened with the
> manufacturer's name in the form of a logo that contains unrecognizable
> characters. Take this stem that came on a new bike I just bought. See
> the photo at: http://home.comcast.net/~tomdempster/Stem.jpg
> It has these words that are legible: "MAGIC" and "3D FORGED". Then
> there's something else that perhaps is the manufacturer's name. It is
> some sort of strange character followed by "eda". How do I found out
> who manufactured this stem? I'd ask the dealer, but he's out of town
> for several weeks, and I need documentation (ie: binder bolt
> tightening torque spec's). Any ideas appreciated.

Deda is the manufacturer. Says so right on it (turn head upside down).

Bill "feeling trolled" S.

PS: FWIW I just built up a bike with lots of Deda stuff (bar, stem and
post); good quality for the price IMO...