Please help me pick a pair of shoes

finnrambo

Jun 6, 2010
What would you guys reccomend for a shoe (clipless) that will work for DH and casual XC? I have a keen eye on fiveten minaar's but not sure how well that will suit me for XC.
Thanks, Finn

Sidi's !!!! #1 !!!!

If you can get a Dominator 4 or 5 ... then your good to go(with the racheting top buckle. If your able to spend a bit more $$, the the SRS model. If your on a tight budget, then you might have to get a ALL velcro model.

I agree on the post above. I love my SIDI's they do cost more but they feel like slippers and they are very stiff where it is needed.

Try some on and get the ones that feel right and fit the budget.

I was in a bike shop the other day and decided to go with shimano AM45 shoes. The store didn't have any sidi's in stock. Paired up with my Crankbrothers Mallets they felt incredible going down the DH trails but I'll probably get a pair of those dominator's as well for XC as the shimano shoes had a noticable lack of stiffness paired with my eggbeaters.

I've never been able to justify spending $$$ on Sidi's... don't get me wrong, they truely feel amazing and you get what you pay for! If you're in the same boat that I'm in you may want to check out Specialized... they make a great shoe and their a bit lighter on the wallet than the Sidi's.

Originally Posted by jarodwinn .

I've never been able to justify spending $$$ on Sidi's... don't get me wrong, they truely feel amazing and you get what you pay for! If you're in the same boat that I'm in you may want to check out Specialized... they make a great shoe and their a bit lighter on the wallet than the Sidi's.

true I'm mainly a roadie and I have their top of the line ones, amazing compared to my old diadoras