Please help - need info and massage therapist in NYC

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Beetle, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Beetle

    Beetle Guest

    Hello - i hope you can help me.

    i am relatively new to massages; i have only had two Swedish massages over the past five years.

    However, due to side effects (namely chills and fever) from interferon that i use to keep my
    multiple sclerosis in check, i find that my back, from my waistline to my neck, is one big kink.

    It hurts. It's affecteng my posture, and my sleep.

    What would be the best type of massage for this? And where is the best place to find a good
    therapist?

    Thank you,

    Jill

    Tags:

  2. Well, you could start by eliminating wheat from your diet, along with all the hidden forms of the
    wheat protein. No surprise that you are in a northern state. http://www.paleodiet.com/ms/ Need to
    consider far more Vitamin D supplementation, too. http://www.direct-ms.org/vitamind.html Might help
    with the sleep, too. And for some nice photos on a related topic:
    http://www.tulsamastergardeners.org/plant_pathology/webs/asian.html Just for curiousity, are very
    frequent headaches part of the profile?

    Beetle <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello - i hope you can help me.
    >
    > i am relatively new to massages; i have only had two Swedish massages over the past five years.
    >
    > However, due to side effects (namely chills and fever) from interferon that i use to keep my
    > multiple sclerosis in check, i find that my back, from my waistline to my neck, is one big kink.
    >
    > It hurts. It's affecteng my posture, and my sleep.
    >
    > What would be the best type of massage for this? And where is the best place to find a good
    > therapist?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Jill

  3. Beetle

    Beetle Guest

    Thank you for answering.

    i've already started to up my Vitamin D intake.

    i am, except for the MS, in excellent health. My mobility has been little affected by my disease,
    and i almost never suffer from headaches. The last headache i had was well over a year ago.

    The kinks in my back come from the fever and chills that the interferon brings on. i shiver in my
    sleep, and wake up with that "fluish" feeling.

    "Michael Baugh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<pid%[email protected]>...
    > Well, you could start by eliminating wheat from your diet, along with all the hidden forms of the
    > wheat protein. No surprise that you are in a northern state. http://www.paleodiet.com/ms/ Need to
    > consider far more Vitamin D supplementation, too. http://www.direct-ms.org/vitamind.html Might
    > help with the sleep, too. And for some nice photos on a related topic:
    > http://www.tulsamastergardeners.org/plant_pathology/webs/asian.html Just for curiousity, are very
    > frequent headaches part of the profile?

  4. Douglas

    Douglas Guest

    Jill;
    M.S. is a condition that is congenital, (born with it). Predisposed to Environment. The coating
    around the nerve/s is degenerating. That coating is called Myelin, and it is a Lipid based
    substance. Swedish Massage will help you to recruit other nerves,( which are unaffected) to
    create a new network..

    The first sign or symptom will be your vision or you will intend to go in one direction while going
    the opposite.

    Research A.S. (Ankylosing Spondylitis) Female- Neck to pelvis Male-pelvis to neck

    Interferon will try to suppress any negative nervous impulses both emotionally and physically. If
    you trust the diagnosis, continue with your healthcare provider. He/She should know what you are
    going through.

    M.T. is most prevelant in women in their 40's.

    Research your regulatory body of healthcare professionals or talk to somone that you know with the
    same condition and network..

    P.S. You may also be VERY sensative to temperature change.

    news:[email protected]...