Please help with a high-end Ti or Carbon bike choice (7, Serotta, Moots, etc)

>[email protected] (Scic) wrote:

>>Please don't flame me for being one of those guys with $5k burning a hole in their pocket.
>
>As long as you're going to spend that much...take a good look at the Merlin Cielo before
>you choose.

Isn't that more like a $10k bike?

tim

I recently bought a Moots Vamoots YBB (road bike with susended rear). I'm 6'3" and 175#s with back problems. I rode a Softride Powerwing for a lot of years and it allowed me to stay on the bike. I can say definitively that the Moots is the best ride I've ever had and I've been riding for 27 years. It has just the right amount of compliance for my back with all the stiffness of a standard double diamond frame configuration. I love bikes. I could have spent less, but I decided I wanted the last 20 of the 80--20. I had the bucks to build my dream bike and I considered all the options you mentioned along with Merlin and Spectrum. The Moots design and welds, owner testimonies, and interaction with the company combined to make a compelling sell and I'm very pleased with my choice. Did I say the frame is beautiful? I equipped it with Campy record triple components, FSA Team Issue triple crankset, Speedplay TI Frogs (I have Frogs on all my bikes), Easton EC 90 carbon seat post and handlebars, Stella Azzurra ViceVersa oversized stem, Stelle Italia saddle, and HED wheels. BTW, I totally agree with all the posts about sizing. I was very fortunate that a 59 cm standard build fit me perfectly. You're welcome to contact me if you have questions.