Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Nigel Heels, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Nigel Heels

    Nigel Heels Guest

    I have just started cycling, got myself an older but in excellent working condition Cannondale bike.
    Does anybody have suggestions/tips as to how I can become a good cyclist? I have been biking 3 days
    a week.. 25km each which takes about 50 mins... (very hilly) .. Please help!

    Tags:

  2. Scotty

    Scotty Guest

    It sound like you are already pretty good according to your 25kms/50mins very hilly comment! Number
    one thing I reckon to becoming better is join a freindly cycling club! Use SPD pedals or similar.

    Scotty Nigel Heels <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have just started cycling, got myself an older but in excellent working condition Cannondale
    > bike. Does anybody have suggestions/tips as to how I can become a good cyclist? I have been biking
    > 3 days a week.. 25km each which takes about 50 mins... (very hilly) .. Please help!

  3. Penny

    Penny Guest

    "Nigel Heels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have just started cycling, got myself an older but in excellent
    working
    > condition Cannondale bike. Does anybody have suggestions/tips as to how I can become a good
    cyclist?
    > I have been biking 3 days a week.. 25km each which takes about 50
    mins...
    > (very hilly) .. Please help!

    Nigel, it's really, really important, when you've got to your state, to reduce the rate of
    exclamation marks. Breathe in, recognise that there is nothing wrong with your cycling, and exercise
    some control over your punctuation. That's all, petal. PG

  4. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "Nigel Heels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have just started cycling, got myself an older but in excellent working condition Cannondale
    > bike. Does anybody have suggestions/tips as to how I can become a good cyclist? I have been biking
    > 3 days a week.. 25km each which takes about 50 mins... (very hilly) .. Please help!

    Firstly, do it in miles and mph ;)

    15miles in 50 mins is very good ..

  5. M Series

    M Series Guest

    The guy has a Canadian domain, I believe they are starting to use the metric system more and more
    over there.

    "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Nigel Heels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I have just started cycling, got myself an older but in excellent
    working
    > > condition Cannondale bike. Does anybody have suggestions/tips as to how I can become a good
    cyclist?
    > > I have been biking 3 days a week.. 25km each which takes about 50
    mins...
    > > (very hilly) .. Please help!
    >
    > Firstly, do it in miles and mph ;)
    >
    > 15miles in 50 mins is very good ..

  6. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The guy has a Canadian domain, I believe they are starting to use the
    metric
    > system more and more over there.

    Most (All?) of Canada made a clean change to the metric system some 25 odd years ago. They didn't
    pussyfoot around like here. When I moved from imperial Manitoba to metric Ontario (circa 1978) at
    the provincial border speed limits changed from 60mph to 100km/h, my speedo was calibrated only in
    mph so I bought a self adhesive face for it. (Made in Australia, they had recently completed a
    similar exercise) Easy, no whinging, no whining, job done!

    As to the OP, yes you're already riding at a good pace, about 18mph methinks.

    Pete

  7. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:40:50 +0100, "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The guy has a Canadian domain, I believe they are starting to use the metric system more and more
    >over there.

    They committed metricide years ago. Mostly to confuse the Septics, I think ;-)

    Guy
    ===