Please id this bike - Kona? Cross bike of some sort?

Claire Petersky

Guest
My daughter's teacher wants them to figure out what kind of bike he rides.
The pictures are over here:

http://www.bsd405.org/teachers/craned/contact.htm

It looks like a Kona -- maybe some sort of cross bike? If you could give me
the exact model and year :) :) it'd be extra brownie points for my
daughter, I'm sure.

(PS, he's also a big supporter of bicycle-to-school day)

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

> My daughter's teacher wants them to figure out what kind of bike he rides.
> The pictures are over here:
>
> http://www.bsd405.org/teachers/craned/contact.htm
>
> It looks like a Kona -- maybe some sort of cross bike? If you could give
> me the exact model and year :) :) it'd be extra brownie points for my
> daughter, I'm sure.
>
> (PS, he's also a big supporter of bicycle-to-school day)
>
> --
> Warm Regards,
>
> Claire Petersky
> http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
> See the books I've set free at: http://bookcrossing.com/referral/Cpetersky

Kona Jake the Snake? Don't know which year.

On Feb 6, 8:08 pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > My daughter's teacher wants them to figure out what kind of bike he rides.
> > The pictures are over here:

> >http://www.bsd405.org/teachers/craned/contact.htm

> > It looks like a Kona -- maybe some sort of cross bike? If you could give
> > me the exact model and year :) :) it'd be extra brownie points for my
> > daughter, I'm sure.

> Kona Jake the Snake? Don't know which year.

Yeah, the downtube seems to say Kona when I blow it up, and the fork
looks like what they spec with it...but the color and style of the
logo doesn't ring any bells. Perhaps he got a Jake the Snake, and had
it custom painted and decaled? :p

In article <[email protected]>,
"landotter" <[email protected]> writes:
> On Feb 6, 8:08 pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...
>>

>> > My daughter's teacher wants them to figure out what kind of bike he rides.
>> > The pictures are over here:

>> >http://www.bsd405.org/teachers/craned/contact.htm

>> > It looks like a Kona -- maybe some sort of cross bike? If you could give
>> > me the exact model and year :) :) it'd be extra brownie points for my
>> > daughter, I'm sure.

>> Kona Jake the Snake? Don't know which year.

> Yeah, the downtube seems to say Kona when I blow it up, and the fork
> looks like what they spec with it...but the color and style of the
> logo doesn't ring any bells. Perhaps he got a Jake the Snake, and had
> it custom painted and decaled? :p

Whatever it is, it seems to have old school
centre-pull canti brakes. It looks like
there's a straddle yoke in front of the
headtube, anyway. So, canti brakes + drop bar
leads me to consider touring bike possibilities.

The badge/decal on the headtube doesn't look
like the familiar Kona "splat". It looks more
like a swishy letter 'N' or a lightning bolt.

I'm not sure if those wheels are 26s or
700s w/ fattish tires. And I can't tell
if it's a double or triple chainring set.
Actually, in the photo it looks to me like
it might even be a single.

Kona does make some sport touring bikes,
including the PHD and the Kona Sutra.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> writes:
> My daughter's teacher wants them to figure out what kind of bike he rides.
> The pictures are over here:
>
> http://www.bsd405.org/teachers/craned/contact.htm
>
> It looks like a Kona -- maybe some sort of cross bike? If you could give me
> the exact model and year :) :) it'd be extra brownie points for my
> daughter, I'm sure.
>
> (PS, he's also a big supporter of bicycle-to-school day)

What kind of bike did it turn out to be?

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
I'm really at: tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> writes:
>> My daughter's teacher wants them to figure out what kind of bike he
>> rides.
>> The pictures are over here:
>>
>> http://www.bsd405.org/teachers/craned/contact.htm
>>
>> It looks like a Kona -- maybe some sort of cross bike? If you could give
>> me
>> the exact model and year :) :) it'd be extra brownie points for my
>> daughter, I'm sure.
>>
>> (PS, he's also a big supporter of bicycle-to-school day)

> What kind of bike did it turn out to be?

Kona Jake-the-Snake. Thank you all for helping!