please read the OT Carbon Handlebar thread

RBR has been pretty lousy lately, but if lawyers are going to start lurking
here ... well, that's a new low.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)
"crit PRO" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> RBR required reading.

"psycholist" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
news:[email protected]...
> RBR has been pretty lousy lately, but if lawyers are going to start
> lurking here ... well, that's a new low.
>
> --
> Bob C.

Tell you what, Bob, just pay me enough to stop being a lawyer, and I'll do
just that. Forgetting the whims of an arbitral panel or judge - ignoring
the frantic pleas from clients when you really want to go out riding. No
clients ! Yeah ! That would be cool.

Tell you what ! Pay me just half for the next dozen years, and I'm retired.
Do we have a deal ? I'll even throw in cleaning chains and cassettes - ten
a week.
--
Bonne route,

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

crit PRO wrote:

> RBR required reading.

Thanks, I would have completely missed that.

Gym (carpet fiber?) Gravity.

"Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "psycholist" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
> news:[email protected]...
>> RBR has been pretty lousy lately, but if lawyers are going to start
>> lurking here ... well, that's a new low.
>>
>> --
>> Bob C.

> Tell you what, Bob, just pay me enough to stop being a lawyer, and I'll do
> just that. Forgetting the whims of an arbitral panel or judge - ignoring
> the frantic pleas from clients when you really want to go out riding. No
> clients ! Yeah ! That would be cool.
>
> Tell you what ! Pay me just half for the next dozen years, and I'm
> retired. Do we have a deal ? I'll even throw in cleaning chains and
> cassettes - ten a week.
> --
> Bonne route,
>
> Sandy
> Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Sandy,

I've got a suggestion for you. If you're a lawyer and you can't stand the
heat of all those hassles, you know whose fault it is? YOURS! How much
money do you need? You decide.

My wife is an attorney. She's the kind who helps children when parents
abuse them and who helps their mothers keep them when their drug addict
fathers try to take them away. My brother is also an attorney. He's the
kind who helps enterpreneurs bring their ideas to market and protect their
intellectual properties and raise capital so they can employ people and
stuff.

But I also have other lawyers in my life ... the kind who sue people
because, for example, they put a loaded BB gun in their mouth and pulled the
trigger and sued because they got hurt as a result. The kind who tried to
sue me when a driver passed me, took a right turn directly in front of me
and nearly crushed me to death. He tried to sue me for the damage my bike
did to the door of his client's car.

I sold a business once and the buyer defaulted on the note that was part of
the payment. I had to retain lawyers to sue them. The lawyers bound the
guy up so he couldn't **** without their permission. And then they started
billing me $14,000 a month. I wanted the guy to find another buyer who
could fulfill the note. The damn lawyers were making sure that couldn't
happen. Nobody was gonna touch the place with all the entanglements they'd
created. I tried to get them to back off a bit and give the original buyer
some breathing room so he could swing a deal. They resisted and screwed up
two potential deals. So I had to fire the damn lawyers. The original buyer
had a new buyer within a month and I had my money. All the lawyers did was
screw everybody.

There are WAY too many lawyers out there who'll do anything and sue anybody
for a buck. I wish it were only on TV and in Hollywood. It's not. It's
real. There are some wicked people in the legal profession and, as the
owner of a manufacturing business, I've had to cross swords with a few.
There's a reason lawyers are referred to as sharks. It's a moniker that's
been earned over centuries.

I'm not saying lawyers aren't necessary. Unfortunately, there are cases
where they are. But I certainly believe it's a profession rife with greedy,
money-grubbing people with lousy ethics.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)
--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:17:21 -0500, "psycholist" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> [...]

>had a new buyer within a month and I had my money. All the lawyers did was
>screw everybody.
>
>There are WAY too many lawyers out there who'll do anything and sue anybody
>for a buck. I wish it were only on TV and in Hollywood. It's not. It's
>real. There are some wicked people in the legal profession and, as the
>owner of a manufacturing business, I've had to cross swords with a few.
>There's a reason lawyers are referred to as sharks. It's a moniker that's
>been earned over centuries.
>
>I'm not saying lawyers aren't necessary. Unfortunately, there are cases
>where they are. But I certainly believe it's a profession rife with greedy,
>money-grubbing people with lousy ethics.
>
>--
>Bob C.
>
>"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."

Lol, good job Sandy. Now look what you did.

And the worst part is that you can't argue against one single point of
what he said. That's the fked up thing about the truth.

I guess you will have to try to convince some other sucker to pay you
6 years worth of salary to stop being a leach(if you are one).

Musashi

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]

> anybody for a buck. I wish it were only on TV and in Hollywood. It's
> not. It's real. There are some wicked people in the legal profession
> and, as the owner of a manufacturing business, I've had to cross swords
> with a few. There's a reason lawyers are referred to as sharks. It's a
> moniker that's been earned over centuries.
>
> I'm not saying lawyers aren't necessary. Unfortunately, there are cases
> where they are. But I certainly believe it's a profession rife with
> greedy, money-grubbing people with lousy ethics.
>
> --
> Bob C.
>
> "Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
> T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)
> --
> Bob C.
>
> "Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."

Bob, lawyers are a reflection of American society--good, bad and ugly. We
are an over lawyered nation. There are many reasons for that situation, not
the least of which is that law schools are academic profit centers, unlike
medical schools. Want to make some easy money? Get a building, stick a
basic law library in it and add faculty. If you build it, they will come.
IMO, the reason we have, and need more lawyers than we otherwise would, is
because people in our society really don't have a sense of personal honor
and integrity in their personal and business dealings. A country like Japan
has very few lawyers because people tend to do the culturally correct thing.
For example, I recall that after a Japanese airline crash, the president of
the company went to each victim's family personally to offer condolences and
a check.

There will always be legitimate disputes, especially where people enter into
agreements without consulting an attorney. A good attorney keeps his client
out of court and happy by helping to avert problems before they arise. Not
all lawyers are gifted at negotiation non-judicial dispute resolution. Too
many lawyers are not at all good at lawyering. At least a shitty lawyer
isn't likely to kill you like a shitty doctor will.

B Lafferty wrote:

> Bob, lawyers are a reflection of American society--good, bad and

ugly. We
> are an over lawyered nation. There are many reasons for that

situation, not
> the least of which is that law schools are academic profit centers,

unlike
> medical schools. Want to make some easy money? Get a building,

stick a
> basic law library in it and add faculty. If you build it, they will

come.
> IMO, the reason we have, and need more lawyers than we otherwise

would, is
> because people in our society really don't have a sense of personal

honor
> and integrity in their personal and business dealings.

<snip>

Dumbass -

That is all correct, however:

In the past some of your postings haven't necessarily reflected that
sentiment, specifically when you advocate consulting an attorney in
petty disputes where the total monetary value of the situation would be
far outweighed by the attorneys' fees (assuming the petty disputees
could find an attorney dumb enough to waste his time on such
pettiness).

thanks,

K. Gringioni.