please recommend a good multi-vitamin

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:21:21 GMT, "Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I did not see it, but my guess is what it really said was that people don't eat right and for
> those that don't taking multi vitamins would help. The studies I have seen, long time ago, I
> have not seen anything recent, indicated that proper diet beats out vitamins. A proper diet had
> advantages that you can't duplicate with vitamins. For example roughage, low fat, minerals (yea
> you can get those in a pill as well) good mix of amino acids etc.

Your info is outdated Joeseph.

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:29:29 GMT, "Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> An argument could be made that it has. I am sure some people have not bothered to keep a good
> diet because they believe the pills will take care of everything.
>
> I would also tend to agree that more people have benefited from them that have been hurt. Such
> is life. However I will stand by my statement. I believe the most healthy method is a proper
> diet.
>
> As for those who suggest keeping a good diet is hard, I would suggest it is not all that hard,
> from the standpoint of knowing how to, but like dieting, it is not always easy to do, just like
> it is not always easy and do that five mile run in the morning before work.

As in the other reply, your info is outdated. Back to school with you!

Do you have better information? So far what has been provided does not address the subject. I fear
you may be reading something into the studies that are just not there. The conclusions appear to be
valid, but only as far as they go.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Zipper" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:29:29 GMT, "Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > An argument could be made that it has. I am sure some people have
not
> >bothered to keep a good diet because they believe the pills will take
care
> >of everything.
> >
> > I would also tend to agree that more people have benefited from them that have been hurt.
> > Such is life. However I will stand by my
statement.
> >I believe the most healthy method is a proper diet.
> >
> > As for those who suggest keeping a good diet is hard, I would suggest
it
> >is not all that hard, from the standpoint of knowing how to, but like dieting, it is not always
> >easy to do, just like it is not always easy and
do
> >that five mile run in the morning before work.
>
> As in the other reply, your info is outdated. Back to school with you!

See above. If you have other information please supply it, I would be interested.

--

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:32:24 GMT, "Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> See above.
???? I recommended two good brands already. Do a Google search.

Joseph Meehan wrote:

> An argument could be made that it has. I am sure some people have not bothered to keep a good
> diet because they believe the pills will take care of everything.
>
> I would also tend to agree that more people have benefited from them that have been hurt. Such
> is life. However I will stand by my statement. I believe the most healthy method is a proper
> diet.
>
> As for those who suggest keeping a good diet is hard, I would suggest it is not all that hard,
> from the standpoint of knowing how to, but like dieting, it is not always easy to do, just
> like it is not always easy and do that five mile run in the morning before work.

In a way you are out on a precarious limb. While you may think you understand the term "proper
diet", you can't get 10 nutritionists in a room and get consensus.

For the same questionable rationale you take, I opt to take a multi and at most waste a few
pennies a day.

I would guess you did not understand what I tried to ask:

>>> Your info is outdated Joeseph.

>>.. If you have other information please supply it, I would be interested.

In other words if you have any information that my information is outdated, I would be
interested. I did not need recommendations for brands of pills.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 17:40:38 GMT, "Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I would guess you did not understand what I tried to ask:

>>>.. If you have other information please supply it, I would be interested.
>
> In other words if you have any information that my information is outdated, I would be
> interested.

Look it up! Why should I do your work for you, you're the one who doubts it, in spite of the other
posts (one that did list sites and studys)

> did not need recommendations for brands of pills.

Me thinks you do, but you just don't know it. Nor did the original poster nor myself ask for your
advice on food, he specifically asked for brands of vitamins, and you responded by mucking up the

I know exactly where I am, which is why I did not try to define a "good diet." ;-)

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Doug Freese" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Joseph Meehan wrote:
>
> > An argument could be made that it has. I am sure some people have
not
> > bothered to keep a good diet because they believe the pills will take
care
> > of everything.
> >
> > I would also tend to agree that more people have benefited from them that have been hurt.
> > Such is life. However I will stand by my
statement.
> > I believe the most healthy method is a proper diet.
> >
> > As for those who suggest keeping a good diet is hard, I would
suggest it
> > is not all that hard, from the standpoint of knowing how to, but like dieting, it is not always
> > easy to do, just like it is not always easy
and do
> > that five mile run in the morning before work.
> >

> In a way you are out on a precarious limb. While you may think you understand the term "proper
> diet", you can't get 10 nutritionists in a room and get consensus.
>
> For the same questionable rationale you take, I opt to take a multi and at most waste a few
> pennies a day.
>

> --
> Doug Freese "Caveat Lector" [email protected]

"G.S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...

Is this aka Bruce, aks Zipper, aka Bigimp etc.?

> On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 17:40:38 GMT, "Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I would guess you did not understand what I tried to ask:

> > In other words if you have any information that my information is outdated, I would be
> > interested.
>
> Look it up! Why should I do your work for you, you're the one who doubts it, in spite of the other
> posts (one that did list sites and studys)

Well you, or someone, claim to know about it, I have never seen such a thing. You seemed to want
to share the knowledge, so it was natural to ask you. However it seems you don't really want to
share any knowledge, you just want to argue.

Dear readers: Have you noticed that those with the lest to offer, change their name every time
they are on line. Is that because they know that after each message they leave, they loose
credibility do to the content (or lack there of) of the message?

> > did not need recommendations for brands of pills.
>
> Me thinks you do, but you just don't know it. Nor did the original poster nor myself ask for your
> advice on food, he specifically asked for brands of vitamins, and you responded by mucking up the

My my, are you getting a little upset? ;-)

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:24:35 GMT, "Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Well you, or someone, claim to know about it, I have never seen such a thing. You seemed to
> want to share the knowledge, so it was natural to ask you. However it seems you don't really
> want to share any knowledge, you just want to argue.

No, I'm just not going to bother doing a web search, and waste my time to educate you. If your
teachers were amiss in your education that's not my problem. If I had the info handy I'd post it,
but frankly I'm not going to bother searching it out when a previous post allready did, along with
links to the reasearch.

> Dear readers: Have you noticed that those with the lest to offer, change their name every time
> they are on line. Is that because they know that after each message they leave, they loose
> credibility do to the content (or lack there of) of the message?

So when you are properly chastized for giving a OT and non-responsive answer, you respond with that?
We have a name for guys like you here in the USA, it's "numbnutz". You weren't even within the
subject line.

>> Me thinks you do, but you just don't know it. Nor did the original poster nor myself ask for your
>> advice on food, he specifically asked for brands of vitamins, and you responded by mucking up the
>
> My my, are you getting a little upset? ;-)

Not at all, but apparently you are.

twin lab sport fuel in a muti-vitamin??plodzilla

gentolm wrote:

> twin lab sport fuel in a muti-vitamin??plodzilla

I just took a look and yes it appears to be an "Athlete Multi Vitamin." At least it has long list of
stuff but I have no idea how this compares to your "stardard" multi. My skeptic meter pegs when they
use "sport" in the title. It usually implies you are about to be fleeced.

"Sport Fuel is a multivitamin, mineral an antioxidant formula with CO Q 10 that is a complete
nutritional supplement designed for athletes to provide optimal health and protection without Iron."

I can't remember what the skinny is on exercise and CO Q 10(ubiquinol) and my moring run is more
important then doing a search. Anyone?

"Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "RobFilms" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > i need a good multi-vitamin
> >

> I suggest some good food. The stuff has vitamins in it and has keep people alive and healthy
> for thousands of years. No known pill has helped more people stay at their best than good old
> food.

Well, thousands of years ago, people don't live that long. A person probably can get away with no
supplement if he/she dies early enough. Also, I suspect that thousands of years ago, people don't
take long runs regularly. Didn't that guy in Ancient Greece die after his run?

"ElfHunter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "RobFilms" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > i need a good multi-vitamin
> > >

> > I suggest some good food. The stuff has vitamins in it and has keep people alive and healthy
> > for thousands of years. No known pill has
helped
> > more people stay at their best than good old food.
>
> Well, thousands of years ago, people don't live that long. A person probably can get away with no
> supplement if he/she dies early enough. Also, I suspect that thousands of years ago, people don't
> take long runs regularly. Didn't that guy in Ancient Greece die after his run?

If they got a good diet, not likely back then, why would they profit from supplements?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:18:01 GMT, "Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> If they got a good diet, not likely back then, why would they profit from supplements?

Joe, judging by your posts you don't seem retarded, so why do you persist down this dead-end road?
The guy asked for suggestions on vitamins (supplememts) NOT on if it's better to eat food instead.
BTW Joe, todays food is CHOCKED FULL of supplements and vitamins added to make it more nutritious,
so if you are eating right, you are probably taking in plenty of supplements, additives, and
vitamins with your *healthy* food.

darn right - i feel cold plodzilla

Doug Freese wrote:

> gentolm wrote:
>
> > twin lab sport fuel in a muti-vitamin??plodzilla
>
> I just took a look and yes it appears to be an "Athlete Multi Vitamin." At least it has long list
> of stuff but I have no idea how this compares to your "stardard" multi. My skeptic meter pegs when
> they use "sport" in the title. It usually implies you are about to be fleeced.
>
> "Sport Fuel is a multivitamin, mineral an antioxidant formula with CO Q 10 that is a
> complete nutritional supplement designed for athletes to provide optimal health and
> protection without Iron."
>
> I can't remember what the skinny is on exercise and CO Q 10(ubiquinol) and my moring run is more
> important then doing a search. Anyone?
>
> --
> Doug Freese "Caveat Lector" [email protected]

"Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "ElfHunter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > "RobFilms" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > > >

> > > I suggest some good food. The stuff has vitamins in it and has keep people alive and
> > > healthy for thousands of years. No known pill has
> helped
> > > more people stay at their best than good old food.
> >
> > Well, thousands of years ago, people don't live that long. A person probably can get away with
> > no supplement if he/she dies early enough. Also, I suspect that thousands of years ago, people
> > don't take long runs regularly. Didn't that guy in Ancient Greece die after his run?
>
> If they got a good diet, not likely back then, why would they profit from supplements?

My point is that human being are not meant to live that long. Living beyond 40 is a very recent
phenomenon. So, I am arguing that you can't use evidence of the past to discuss the merits of
supplements in the present.

Your argument assumes way to much. It is similar to someone saying "If I win the lottery last week,
not likely then, why would I need to work?" Getting a desired amount of micro-nutrients from food
alone is very tedious. You have to make sure that the food you eat have the micro-nutrients and also
that processing, storing and cooking didn't destroy them. For example, I eat a bowl of pinto bean
because I believe it is good for me. But I have yet to figure out whether pressure cooking it
destroyed any of the micro-nutrients. It is unlikely that I will ever find out for sure. Supplements
offers the most convenient way to get vitamins and minerals into my diet.

Another reason I am taking supplements is that I am forcing my body to change very rapidly. I am
trying to lose 2 lbs a week. Losing weight this fast is not natural. I am trying to offset this
strain on my system by taking supplements. I am not sure if this will work, but I am fairly certain
from the readings I have done that this won't hurt.

"Spazz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:18:01 GMT, "Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > If they got a good diet, not likely back then, why would they profit from supplements?
>
> Joe, judging by your posts you don't seem retarded, so why do you persist down this dead-end road?
> The guy asked for suggestions on vitamins (supplememts) NOT on if it's better to eat food instead.

Simple. Many people ask a question, but don't ask the right question. For example, if someone
writes and tells us they have never been into exercise, but started running this week and was
able to run two whole miles and wanted to know how to register for a marathon next week, would
you just answer with instructions about how to enter?

Same here. I make my living answering questions. I know well that many times the questions
answer may not be the direct answer.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math