Please Recommend?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Richard'S ~Ja~, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. I apologize for not being able to find a previous thread in which y'all shared your coffee bean
    favorites so well. I've just purchased the Quisinart Grind & Brew coffee maker and I have no idea
    what beans to look for, or where to order coffee beans from. I live in the Southern CA High Desert
    and have no nearby source from which to purchase, so I would appreciate references. I do know that I
    do not care for seasoning or spice-flavored blends, and the only "coffee past" I have is the pre-
    ground Folgers Original Roast.

    Thank you for sharing your own what & where to order....

    =A0=A0=A0Picky ~JA~

    Tags:

  2. Katra

    Katra Guest

    Richard's ~JA~ wrote:

    > I apologize for not being able to find a previous thread in which y'all shared your coffee bean
    > favorites so well. I've just purchased the Quisinart Grind & Brew coffee maker and I have no idea
    > what beans to look for, or where to order coffee beans from. I live in the Southern CA High Desert
    > and have no nearby source from which to purchase, so I would appreciate references. I do know that
    > I do not care for seasoning or spice-flavored blends, and the only "coffee past" I have is the pre-
    > ground Folgers Original Roast.
    >
    > Thank you for sharing your own what & where to order....
    >
    >    Picky ~JA~

    Google is your friend. :) With internet access, living in the boonies is no excuse for not having
    access to good coffee beans..... ;-)

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=coffee+beans+for+sale

    Hope this helps?

    K.
    --
    >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

    "There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
    cats" -- Asimov

    Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-
    cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=katra

  3. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:46:07 -0600, Katra
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Richard's ~JA~ wrote:
    > >
    > > I apologize for not being able to find a previous thread in which y'all shared your coffee bean
    > > favorites so well. I've just purchased the Quisinart Grind & Brew coffee maker and I have no
    > > idea what beans to look for, or where to order coffee beans from. I live in the Southern CA
    > > High Desert and have no nearby source from which to purchase, so I would appreciate references.
    > > I do know that I do not care for seasoning or spice-flavored blends, and the only "coffee past"
    > > I have is the pre-ground Folgers Original Roast.
    > >
    > > Thank you for sharing your own what & where to order....
    > >
    > >    Picky ~JA~
    >

    > Google is your friend. :) With internet access, living in the boonies is no excuse for not
    > having access to good coffee beans..... ;-)
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=coffee+beans+for+sale

    If you like your coffee strong, go African! My favorite blend has Kenya in it (I'm not sure what
    else, but if you want to know I'll ask).

  4. Levelwave

    Levelwave Guest

    sf wrote:

    > If you like your coffee strong, go African! My favorite blend has Kenya in it (I'm not sure what
    > else, but if you want to know I'll ask).

    Kenya too is my favorite... but I wouldn't exactly call it a "strong" blend... More of a medium body
    I'd say... rich and smooth...

    ~john!

    --
    Say hello to the rug's topography...It holds quite a lot of interest with your face down on it...

  5. Katra

    Katra Guest

    levelwave wrote:

    > sf wrote:
    >
    > > If you like your coffee strong, go African! My favorite blend has Kenya in it (I'm not sure what
    > > else, but if you want to know I'll ask).
    >
    > Kenya too is my favorite... but I wouldn't exactly call it a "strong" blend... More of a medium
    > body I'd say... rich and smooth...
    >
    > ~john!

    I like Kona myself..... :-d Most Arabica beans are good too. I don't care much for Columbian.

    K.

    --
    >^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< [email protected] >^,,^<

    "There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by
    cats" -- Asimov

    Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-
    cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=katra

  6. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 01:32:11 -0500, levelwave
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > sf wrote:
    >
    > > If you like your coffee strong, go African! My favorite blend has Kenya in it (I'm not sure
    > > what else, but if you want to know I'll ask).
    >

    > Kenya too is my favorite... but I wouldn't exactly call it a "strong" blend... More of a medium
    > body I'd say... rich and smooth...

    I stand corrected. It's strong because I make it strong. I like coffee thick enough to
    support my spoon.

  7. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 00:43:10 -0600, Katra
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I like Kona myself..... :-d

    Kona is vastly over rated.