Pls Help Me Choose $14oo Rd Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cate,

I thought I'd put my two cents worth in. I think the most important thing about a bike is buying one that fits you best, particularly if you are riding long distances. I have heard good reports of a guy called Steve Hogg who runs a shop called Cyclefit. Apparently he will customise a bike to fit you. I'm not sure if he could do a bike around the 1500 mark but it may be worth you talking to him and picking his brains. Steve is in Sydney but there is also a guy in Melbourne who does it. I think Steve's shop is Pedal Power in Clovelly.

Someone else may be able to add to Steve's reputation but I have heard good things, and will be going there myself later this year. I think he uses alot of Columbus frames and a variety of gear sets (camp, shimano etc).

For what it's worth

LL Legs:)

[My next bike is going to be a custom built frame. I'm hoping to get that for about $1000.00..bottom of the range steel..and then recycle the parts from my existing bike, the current frame being too small.

I don't think you can go past a custom built frame, because its been built to your size, and this way keep the cost down..hopefully about $1500.00 all up?

I just read the post about Steve Hogg at Pedal Pushers bike shop. I had my bike set up by him. The guy's very clever...I hate the word "expert" but if anyone goes close this bloke does!

He gave me the optimum frame dimensions..see above..and suggested I could take them to any frame builder. His frames may not be quite in your range as mentioned, but he is well worth a visit. Genuine person with good advice.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.