PNW Ride with MountainbikeBill

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bb, Jun 10, 2003.

  1. Bb

    Bb Guest

    And AMB regular, Mountainbikebill, came through town for a few days, so of course a ride was in
    order. We headed up to a beautiful set of trails in midwest Washington.

    After a nice warm-up ride up the main road, we dove into the dowhill run through the forest. The
    trail swooshed side to side, and offered a few nice little jumps. We blazed the three downhill miles
    in short order, and got a few short steep climbs as payback.

    The rest of the trail was a scenic run along a clear river, up to a big waterfall. Bill & his bud
    contemplated whether the fantastic scenery made it difficult to stay on the trail, or the fantastic
    trail made it difficult to take in the scenery. In either case, its a wonderful quandry to be in.
    These pics were captured on a previous ride:

    http://bbauer.gomen.org/images/s_gorge.jpg http://bbauer.gomen.org/images/s_bluepool.jpg
    http://bbauer.gomen.org/images/s_falls.jpg

    Before the ride, I was kind of wishing I'd have washed my gloves, as they were getting a big funky -
    but the trail took care of that when I endoed into a creek! Riding with soaking wet gloves wasn't as
    bad as I expected it to be, thankfully.

    Its really tough to stop and take pictures when the ride is so much fun. Bill had planned to shoot
    some video, but his camera died 47 seconds into the ride. I only managed to get one, which strangely
    turned out to be as surreal as this trail always is:

    http://bbauer.gomen.org/images/surreal_climb.jpg

    The ride was topped off by a nice cold round of Portland Ale.

  2. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > And AMB regular, Mountainbikebill, came through town for a few days, so of course a ride was in
    > order. We headed up to a beautiful set of trails in midwest Washington.

    <snip>
    > http://bbauer.gomen.org/images/s_gorge.jpg http://bbauer.gomen.org/images/s_bluepool.jpg
    > http://bbauer.gomen.org/images/s_falls.jpg

    <more snip>

    Very nice. Looks like you have considerably more moisture there than we have here in
    Marlborough country.

    Matt

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > And AMB regular, Mountainbikebill, came through town for a few days, so of course a ride was in
    > order. We headed up to a beautiful set of trails in midwest Washington. {snip}

    So THAT's where Porter's been! Glad you guys hooked up.

    Bill "hope you got some dirt on that BRAND-NEW SPIDER of his" S.

  4. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:48:36 GMT, Sorni wrote:

    > "hope you got some dirt on that BRAND-NEW SPIDER of his"

    Maybe a little, but not "the hard way". As far as I know, that is - after he realized the camera
    wasn't working, he had no reason to hang with us "slow" guys, and we didn't see a lot of him
    after that. :)

    He was AT LEAST as stoked about that bike as he was about the ride.