Pocket pc

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Gwyn, Mar 17, 2006.

  1. Gwyn

    Gwyn Guest

    I am thinking of buying a pocket pc to display qct maps in the field.

    Does a pocket pc function as a normal pc in other words can I just
    take my copy of memory map and run it on it

    What is the cheapest one capable of doing this.
    --
    Gwyn. *spamtrap* remove rem if replying
    gwyndewey.btinternetrem.com

    Tags:

  2. "Gwyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I am thinking of buying a pocket pc to display qct maps in the field.
    >
    > Does a pocket pc function as a normal pc in other words can I just
    > take my copy of memory map and run it on it
    >
    > What is the cheapest one capable of doing this.
    > --
    > Gwyn. *spamtrap* remove rem if replying
    > gwyndewey.btinternetrem.com

    > Does a pocket pc function as a normal pc in other words can I just

    No. It runs a different o/s

    > take my copy of memory map and run it on it

    Yes. Memory-map comes with a version you can install on your pocket pc

    --
    John Blessing

    businesses
    for your meeting/class over the web.
    http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
    send newsletters

  3. Jhimmy

    Jhimmy Guest

    "Gwyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I am thinking of buying a pocket pc to display qct maps in the field.
    >
    > Does a pocket pc function as a normal pc in other words can I just
    > take my copy of memory map and run it on it
    >
    > What is the cheapest one capable of doing this.
    > --
    > Gwyn. *spamtrap* remove rem if replying
    > gwyndewey.btinternetrem.com

    Pocket PC are really (IMO) a tool for placing details and infomation from
    your PC to your PPC. There are loads of applications for you to choose, but
    at the moment I use mine for storing data I need for work, rest and play.
    Some people at work use them all the time, especially the appointments and
    calender function in Outlook.

    I also love the way I can download Anquet maps. The way Anquet does this is
    to export a selected section of map to your PPC. This is useful for putting
    campsites on, using for basic maps for small hills (saves printing out) and
    GPS data (which I haven't used yet).

    I can also play movies, mp3 and PDF books. Also (Dell Axim) I can also
    transfer my Compact flash card from the camera to the PDA SD card for
    safety.

    Whether it's worth it for £215 I paid, remains to be seen - ie how long it
    lasts before I break it ;-)

    BTW, I'm buying a friend at works pda as well (I'll now have 2) and his will
    be used on the hills.

    Jhimmy