Pocket pc

Gwyn

Guest
I am thinking of buying a pocket pc to display qct maps in the field.

Does a pocket pc function as a normal pc in other words can I just
take my copy of memory map and run it on it

What is the cheapest one capable of doing this.
--
Gwyn. *spamtrap* remove rem if replying
gwyndewey.btinternetrem.com

"Gwyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I am thinking of buying a pocket pc to display qct maps in the field.
>
> Does a pocket pc function as a normal pc in other words can I just
> take my copy of memory map and run it on it
>
> What is the cheapest one capable of doing this.
> --
> Gwyn. *spamtrap* remove rem if replying
> gwyndewey.btinternetrem.com

> Does a pocket pc function as a normal pc in other words can I just

No. It runs a different o/s

> take my copy of memory map and run it on it

Yes. Memory-map comes with a version you can install on your pocket pc

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
send newsletters

"Gwyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I am thinking of buying a pocket pc to display qct maps in the field.
>
> Does a pocket pc function as a normal pc in other words can I just
> take my copy of memory map and run it on it
>
> What is the cheapest one capable of doing this.
> --
> Gwyn. *spamtrap* remove rem if replying
> gwyndewey.btinternetrem.com

Pocket PC are really (IMO) a tool for placing details and infomation from
your PC to your PPC. There are loads of applications for you to choose, but
at the moment I use mine for storing data I need for work, rest and play.
Some people at work use them all the time, especially the appointments and
calender function in Outlook.

I also love the way I can download Anquet maps. The way Anquet does this is
to export a selected section of map to your PPC. This is useful for putting
campsites on, using for basic maps for small hills (saves printing out) and
GPS data (which I haven't used yet).

I can also play movies, mp3 and PDF books. Also (Dell Axim) I can also
transfer my Compact flash card from the camera to the PDA SD card for
safety.

Whether it's worth it for £215 I paid, remains to be seen - ie how long it
lasts before I break it ;-)

BTW, I'm buying a friend at works pda as well (I'll now have 2) and his will
be used on the hills.

Jhimmy