Poem - Shimano bits

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tobajan, Jun 2, 2003.

  1. Tobajan

    Tobajan Guest

    Shimano bits

    Deore Will get you in the door. LX Earns respect. XT Will make you smile with glee. XTR Now you
    think your a sponsored superstar.

    Tobajan

    Tags:

  2. tobajan says:

    >Deore Will get you in the door. LX Earns respect. XT Will make you smile with glee. XTR Now you
    >think your a sponsored superstar.

    Poetry? You call that poetry? Where's the rhyme, where's the scan? Where's the Alivio and Acera?
    (oh, wait, I know that one....... still outside the door!)

    ;-) Nice one.

    Steve

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:20030603071159.21418.00000368[email protected]...
    > tobajan says:
    >
    > >Deore Will get you in the door. LX Earns respect. XT Will make you smile with glee. XTR Now you
    > >think your a sponsored superstar.
    >
    > Poetry? You call that poetry? Where's the rhyme, where's the scan?
    Where's
    > the Alivio and Acera?

    On your bike Stevie.

    Shaun aRe

  4. Jan Sacharuk

    Jan Sacharuk Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, tobajan wrote:
    > Shimano bits
    >
    > Deore Will get you in the door. LX Earns respect. XT Will make you smile with glee. XTR Now you
    > think your a sponsored superstar.

    Poetic lisence or not, you should at least spell "you're" properly.

    Other than that, yay poem!

    Now for a haiku that I'm going to make up on the spot:

    LX works for you. XT is the TRUE workhorse. XTR? Bankrupt.

    JS

    --
    ========================= [email protected] ========================
    Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code

  5. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    news:[email protected]...
    tobajan wrote:
    | > Shimano bits
    | >
    | > Deore Will get you in the door. LX Earns respect. XT Will make you smile with glee. XTR Now you
    | > think your a sponsored superstar.
    |
    | Poetic lisence or not, you should at least spell "you're" properly.
    |
    | Other than that, yay poem!
    |
    | Now for a haiku that I'm going to make up on the spot:
    |
    | LX works for you. XT is the TRUE workhorse. XTR? Bankrupt.

    <holds up a lighter>

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 6/1/2003

  6. Tobajan

    Tobajan Guest

    I just wanted to share a few words I came up with. I didn't say I was a poet. By the way JS, what
    does "lisence" mean?

    Tobajan

    Jan Sacharuk wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, tobajan wrote:
    >
    >>Shimano bits
    >>
    >>Deore Will get you in the door. LX Earns respect. XT Will make you smile with glee. XTR Now you
    >>think your a sponsored superstar.
    >

    > Poetic lisence or not, you should at least spell "you're" properly.
    >
    > Other than that, yay poem!
    >
    > Now for a haiku that I'm going to make up on the spot:
    >
    > LX works for you. XT is the TRUE workhorse. XTR? Bankrupt.
    >
    > JS

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun R says:
    >
    > >On your bike Stevie.
    >
    > Should i read that as "The Acera and Alivio is on _your_ bike, Stevie"

    Nope - "Tha Acera and Alivio are on _your_ bike, Stevie" - HTH.

    >, or "On your bike, Stevie!" ??
    >
    > Both? Thought as much.....
    >
    > Stev"i"e

    OK, be like that then.............

    Shaun aRe

  8. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  9. Jan Sacharuk

    Jan Sacharuk Guest

    On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:07:50 GMT, Shawn Curry wrote:

    > Just sing this http://www.whyaduck.com/info/movies/scenes/lydia.htm at the top of your lungs. Rent
    > "The Philadelphia Story" for the tune.

    I have been known to belt out horrible versions of Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" on certain
    downhills (another great movie tune - its the one that the Air Cav played while attacking the
    beachhead). That should get their attention too.

    news:[email protected]...
    tobajan wrote:
    > > Shimano bits
    > >
    > > Deore Will get you in the door. LX Earns respect. XT Will make you smile with glee. XTR Now you
    > > think your a sponsored superstar.
    >
    > Poetic lisence or not, you should at least spell "you're" properly.
    >
    > Other than that, yay poem!
    >
    > Now for a haiku that I'm going to make up on the spot:
    >
    > LX works for you. XT is the TRUE workhorse. XTR? Bankrupt.
    >
    > JS

    You should both have your poetic license revoked.

  11. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Wheres the Saint.

    Fire up MTB 03