Pointless anti-cyclist Age Poll to vote in...

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Shabby, Mar 29, 2007.

  1. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003

  2. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    Shabby wrote:
    > http://poll.f2.com.au/current.mpl?site=theage
    >
    > Yes, ban all cyclists together.... and cars, they kill pedestrians...
    > and trains while we're at it... and trams too..

    lol, I get the feeling they won't get the result they were expecting,
    based on current figures.

    DaveB

  3. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963

    Prolly took all of 30 seconds to hastily throw this one together. Can we have a poll that requests to ban the two daily commuting peaks as well?

    *yawn*

    Time for coffee.

  4. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher Guest

    On Mar 30, 9:40 am, Shabby <[email protected]
    mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
    > http://poll.f2.com.au/current.mpl?site=theage
    >
    > Yes, ban all cyclists together.... and cars, they kill pedestrians...
    > and trains while we're at it... and trams too..
    >
    > --
    > Shabby

    Don't forget ferries, there lethal killers and L plate drivers and bus
    stops because they provide targets for drivers to hit.

  5. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > DaveB Wrote:
    >> Shabby wrote:
    >>> http://poll.f2.com.au/current.mpl?site=theage
    >>>
    >>> Yes, ban all cyclists together.... and cars, they kill

    >> pedestrians...
    >>> and trains while we're at it... and trams too..

    > Prolly took all of 30 seconds to hastily throw this one together. Can
    > we have a poll that requests to ban the two daily commuting peaks as
    > well?
    >
    > *yawn*
    >
    > Time for coffee.

    Yeah if they'd given it more thought they'd have realised instead of
    "Should large packs of cyclists be allowed on Victorian roads?"
    it should have read
    "Should large marauding packs of pedestrian killing, old lady scaring,
    carbon bling obsessed, steroid using cyclists be allowed on Victorian
    roads?" I wish they'd get it right.

    DaveB

  6. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Ban marauding packs of toasters. We've all seem them, lined up all bright and shiny in homeware p0rn emporiums, winking at us seductively. They well be just be the ticket for making toast for brekkie. But toasters electrocute people. They also have been known to burn down houses. Ban toasters I say.

  7. Peter

    Peter Guest

    cfsmtb <[email protected]> wrote:

    > PiledHigher Wrote:
    > >
    > > Don't forget ferries, there lethal killers and L plate drivers and bus
    > > stops because they provide targets for drivers to hit.

    > Ban marauding packs of toasters. We've all seem them, lined up all
    > bright and shiny in homeware p0rn emporiums, winking at us seductively.
    > They well be just be the ticket for making toast for brekkie. But
    > toasters electrocute people. They also have been known to burn down
    > houses. Ban toasters I say.

    Why is it that people blame high tech gadgets like the internet or
    toasters for all the ills of the world? We all saw the results of the
    over consumption of H20 on the news last month. Ban water!

    Actually given the government's current global warming policies, it
    appears they are already working on banning water, well at least in the
    eastern and southern parts of the contintent.

  8. Travis

    Travis Guest

    http://www.dhmo.org/

  9. On 2007-03-30, cfsmtb <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Ban marauding packs of toasters. We've all seem them, lined up all
    > bright and shiny in homeware p0rn emporiums, winking at us seductively.
    > They well be just be the ticket for making toast for brekkie. But
    > toasters electrocute people. They also have been known to burn down
    > houses. Ban toasters I say.

    Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite,
    would you like a toasted tea-cake?

  10. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    If we can just get the pedestrian killing, old lady scaring, carbon bling obsessed, steroid using cyclists into the bright and shiny toasters, they will cancel each other out in a puff and a flash, and we will all be safe again, boys and girls.

    SteveA

  11. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Travis <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Mar 30, 10:14 am, [email protected] (Peter) wrote:
    >
    > > Why is it that people blame high tech gadgets like the internet or
    > > toasters for all the ills of the world? We all saw the results of the
    > > over consumption of H20 on the news last month. Ban water!

    > http://www.dhmo.org/

    What's all this dihydrogen monoxide stuff got to do with water?

  12. DeF

    DeF Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > Travis <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> On Mar 30, 10:14 am, [email protected] (Peter) wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why is it that people blame high tech gadgets like the internet or
    >>> toasters for all the ills of the world? We all saw the results of the
    >>> over consumption of H20 on the news last month. Ban water!

    >> http://www.dhmo.org/

    > What's all this dihydrogen monoxide stuff got to do with water?

    Irony?

    --
    e-mail: [email protected] finger.murdoch.edu.au
    To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

  13. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    And thus nature balances itself.

  14. Peter

    Peter Guest

    DeF <""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"> wrote:

    > Peter wrote:
    > > Travis <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >> http://www.dhmo.org/

    > > What's all this dihydrogen monoxide stuff got to do with water?

    > Irony?

    yes

  15. ray

    ray Guest

    Shabby wrote:
    > http://poll.f2.com.au/current.mpl?site=theage
    >
    > Yes, ban all cyclists together.... and cars, they kill pedestrians...
    > and trains while we're at it... and trams too..

    Dopey Channel Seven took a similar knee-jerk reaction poll last year.
    The question on that one was: Should cyclists be banned from major roads
    in peak hour? I never saw the outcome, but the fact that it was asked
    shows how terminally stupid these turkeys are.

  16. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2007-03-30, DeF (aka Bruce)
    > Peter wrote:
    >> Travis <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>> http://www.dhmo.org/

    >> What's all this dihydrogen monoxide stuff got to do with water?

    > Irony?

    Yes. You add iron to dihydrogen monoxide to get water.

    --
    TimC
    Did you know that in German, Usenet bulletin boards are called

  17. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Fish!

  18. DeF

    DeF Guest

    Stuart Lamble wrote:
    > On 2007-03-30, cfsmtb <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Ban marauding packs of toasters. We've all seem them, lined up all
    >> bright and shiny in homeware p0rn emporiums, winking at us seductively.
    >> They well be just be the ticket for making toast for brekkie. But
    >> toasters electrocute people. They also have been known to burn down
    >> houses. Ban toasters I say.

    > Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite,
    > would you like a toasted tea-cake?

    Is that right? Does that mean that either can fit inside
    the other with room to spare?

    Oh, and yes please.

    DeF.

    --
    e-mail: [email protected] finger.murdoch.edu.au
    To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

  19. Peter

    Peter Guest

    ray <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Dopey Channel Seven took a similar knee-jerk reaction poll last year.
    > The question on that one was: Should cyclists be banned from major roads
    > in peak hour? I never saw the outcome, but the fact that it was asked
    > shows how terminally stupid these turkeys are.

    Pauline is r#nning for the Senate again, so there's always the chance
    that we could get media initiated referenda as a trade off for support
    for some essential legislation, like privatising Australia Post.

  20. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Travis <[email protected]> wrote:

    > http://www.dhmo.org/

    I emailed the link to some friends with the additional information that
    dihydrogen monoxide had been found in waterways throughout our region.
    Got a message back that it was a hoax! Even a link to a site that
    explains the full story behind the hoax.