Points, please?

Fred

Guest
5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar 5 large eggs, separated
3/2 cup all-purpose flour

The ingredients are from a cake on NPR today (G)

Way too many. <G>

> 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
> 2/3 cup sugar 5 large eggs, separated
> 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
>
> The ingredients are from a cake on NPR today (G)

Hey, lady, I want facts, not editorial comments! (G)

Chopping the chocolate uses some activity points, no? I tend to beat my egg whites by hand, also.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 02:41:19 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Way too many. <G>
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
>> 2/3 cup sugar 5 large eggs, separated
>> 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
>>
>> The ingredients are from a cake on NPR today (G)

Do you REALLY want to know? You didn't specify how many servings ... this is what
mastercook spit out at me for the entire recipe (1 serving - just in case you feel
like eating all yourself):

3031 calories/ 239 g fat / 23 g fiber = 75.94 US points

Yikes, 239 grams of fat seems outrageous to me! If you cut it into 16 servings, then it comes out to
189cal/15fat/1fiber = 4.83 US points. Does that sound better?

Joyce

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:44:35 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hey, lady, I want facts, not editorial comments! (G)
>
>Chopping the chocolate uses some activity points, no? I tend to beat my egg whites by hand, also.
>
>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 02:41:19 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Way too many. <G>
>>
>>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
>>> 2/3 cup sugar 5 large eggs, separated
>>> 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
>>>
>>> The ingredients are from a cake on NPR today (G)

Well, I DID want to know until I KNEW! (G)

Yup, I was hoping Joyce and ol' MasterCook would come through. (I almost said ol' Joyce and
Master Cook!!!!)

I did not determine serving size - it bakes in a 9" springform pan but the recipe does not provide
serving info. ONE sounds good! (G)

THANKS.

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 21:53:25 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>Do you REALLY want to know? You didn't specify how many servings ... this is what mastercook spit
>out at me for the entire recipe (1 serving - just in case you feel like eating all yourself):
>
>3031 calories/ 239 g fat / 23 g fiber = 75.94 US points
>
>Yikes, 239 grams of fat seems outrageous to me! If you cut it into 16 servings, then it comes out
>to 189cal/15fat/1fiber = 4.83 US points. Does that sound better?
>
>Joyce
>
>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:44:35 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Hey, lady, I want facts, not editorial comments! (G)
>>
>>Chopping the chocolate uses some activity points, no? I tend to beat my egg whites by hand, also.
>>
>>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 02:41:19 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Way too many. <G>
>>>
>>>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

Oh please, you aren't going to EAT this are you???

> 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
> 2/3 cup sugar 5 large eggs, separated
> 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
>
> The ingredients are from a cake on NPR today (G)

Just off the top of my head, the size of a 1/16th serving of this bomb has to be about the size of a
small egg.

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Do you REALLY want to know? You didn't specify how many servings ... this
is what
> mastercook spit out at me for the entire recipe (1 serving - just in case
you feel
> like eating all yourself):
>
> 3031 calories/ 239 g fat / 23 g fiber = 75.94 US points
>
> Yikes, 239 grams of fat seems outrageous to me! If you cut it into 16
servings,
> then it comes out to 189cal/15fat/1fiber = 4.83 US points. Does that
sound
> better?
>
> Joyce
>
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:44:35 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
wrote:

> >Hey, lady, I want facts, not editorial comments! (G)
> >
> >Chopping the chocolate uses some activity points, no? I tend to beat my egg whites by hand, also.
> >
> >On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 02:41:19 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Way too many. <G>
> >>
> >>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>news:[email protected]...

It must be pledge week at KUOW or KPLU. Maybe they're trying to kill off a few of their listeners in
the hopes one of them has bequeathed the station in his will.

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:49:40 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
>2/3 cup sugar 5 large eggs, separated
>1/2 cup all-purpose flour
>
>The ingredients are from a cake on NPR today (G)

Prairie Roots
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

No, serve it to guests or bring to potluck (G)

Yes, I would have SOME if I actually baked it. It does get baked - does that cut down the
points? (G)

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:13:45 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Oh please, you aren't going to EAT this are you???
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
>> 2/3 cup sugar 5 large eggs, separated
>> 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
>>
>> The ingredients are from a cake on NPR today (G)

Oh, someone has done some research (G) I did not hear it, well, I did but on the web. A friend sent
me the link.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 07:49:33 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

>It must be pledge week at KUOW or KPLU. Maybe they're trying to kill off a few of their listeners
>in the hopes one of them has bequeathed the station in his will.
>
>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:49:40 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
>>2/3 cup sugar 5 large eggs, separated
>>1/2 cup all-purpose flour
>>
>>The ingredients are from a cake on NPR today (G)
>
>Prairie Roots
>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Well heck, it's pledge week here as well on every public radio station in town, NPR or not. And I
know a couple of profs at PLU. It is, after all, Pacific LUTHERAN University, and I'm a professional
Lutheran. (I'm the managing editor of worship & music at the publishing house for the Evangelical
Lutheran Church in America.) One of our editors lives in Seattle. I have relatives in Seattle. Not
so much research as connecting the dots.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 07:32:24 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>Oh, someone has done some research (G) I did not hear it, well, I did but on the web. A friend sent
>me the link.
>
>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 07:49:33 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>It must be pledge week at KUOW or KPLU. Maybe they're trying to kill off a few of their listeners
>>in the hopes one of them has bequeathed the station in his will.
>>
>>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:49:40 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
>>>2/3 cup sugar 5 large eggs, separated
>>>1/2 cup all-purpose flour
>>>
>>>The ingredients are from a cake on NPR today (G)
>>
>>Prairie Roots
>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Prairie Roots
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

I don't think that I've met a PROFESSIONAL Lutheran before. Nice meeting you. (g)

You do seem to have connections to this little corner of the US. Have your sources told you it is
quite gray and damp here this morning. Having breakfast with bbs (former bbs) friends. We meet
monthly altho, I always accept "weather dependent!" (G) Weather worked for breakfast today but since
I have not been very good with foods lately, I'm going to hold to oatmeal - at least that is the
plan, this half hour before meeting. First, off to Home Depot to check for an orchard ladder.

So you are into choral music? That is probably one of my least favorite with some exceptions like
Carmina Burana.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:01:24 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

>Well heck, it's pledge week here as well on every public radio station in town, NPR or not. And I
>know a couple of profs at PLU. It is, after all, Pacific LUTHERAN University, and I'm a
>professional Lutheran. (I'm the managing editor of worship & music at the publishing house for the
>Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.) One of our editors lives in Seattle. I have relatives in
>Seattle. Not so much research as connecting the dots.
>
>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 07:32:24 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Oh, someone has done some research (G) I did not hear it, well, I did but on the web. A friend
>>sent me the link.
>>
>>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 07:49:33 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>It must be pledge week at KUOW or KPLU. Maybe they're trying to kill off a few of their listeners
>>>in the hopes one of them has bequeathed the station in his will.

>>>Prairie Roots
>>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003
>
>Prairie Roots
>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

I say "professional" to distinguish myself from the practitioners. <G> You're more apt to find me at
home on Sunday mornings than in a pew. There are probably more professional Lutherans at PLU than
practitioners. At least one of them, though, is a professonal Catholic.

I don't stay so connected to Seattle that I receive the morning weather reports. Today though I
think it's nicer here than there. The temp's already 46F and the sun is shining.

I live for choral music. It's opera that's on my least favorite list. A couple of weeks ago, I
attended a Chanticleer concert (male a capella group out of San Francisco) and was moved to tears
more than a few times. There's something about the unmiked human voice as instrument that just
clicks with me. I love how singing feels in the body. Nathalie probably understands.

Organ music, bluegrass music, and accordion music are high on my list of favorites as well.

Breakfast with friends sounds quite a lovely way to spend a dreary morning. Enjoy your excursion to
Home Depot.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:05:12 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>I don't think that I've met a PROFESSIONAL Lutheran before. Nice meeting you. (g)
>
>You do seem to have connections to this little corner of the US. Have your sources told you it is
>quite gray and damp here this morning. Having breakfast with bbs (former bbs) friends. We meet
>monthly altho, I always accept "weather dependent!" (G) Weather worked for breakfast today but
>since I have not been very good with foods lately, I'm going to hold to oatmeal - at least that is
>the plan, this half hour before meeting. First, off to Home Depot to check for an orchard ladder.
>
>So you are into choral music? That is probably one of my least favorite with some exceptions like
>Carmina Burana.
>
>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:01:24 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Well heck, it's pledge week here as well on every public radio station in town, NPR or not. And I
>>know a couple of profs at PLU. It is, after all, Pacific LUTHERAN University, and I'm a
>>professional Lutheran. (I'm the managing editor of worship & music at the publishing house for the
>>Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.) One of our editors lives in Seattle. I have relatives in
>>Seattle. Not so much research as connecting the dots.
>>
>>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 07:32:24 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Oh, someone has done some research (G) I did not hear it, well, I did but on the web. A friend
>>>sent me the link.

>>Prairie Roots
>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Prairie Roots
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Oh yes I do understand! We 're singing a passion concert at Easter, with beautiful choral music from
Brahms, Liszt and Fauré. And then there will be Brahms' German requiem in May... one of the most
beautiful things I 've ever heard and sung in my life. And the Carmina Burana next year, Fred! I
love opera too, especially Verdi. And besides that I love jazz, blues, rock... a little bit of
everything in fact. I couldn't imagine my life without music.
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134/1.102/212 lbs "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I say "professional" to distinguish myself from the practitioners. <G> You're more apt to find me
> at home on Sunday mornings than in a pew. There are probably more professional Lutherans at PLU
> than practitioners. At least one of them, though, is a professonal Catholic.
>
> I don't stay so connected to Seattle that I receive the morning weather reports. Today though I
> think it's nicer here than there. The temp's already 46F and the sun is shining.
>
> I live for choral music. It's opera that's on my least favorite list. A couple of weeks ago, I
> attended a Chanticleer concert (male a capella group out of San Francisco) and was moved to tears
> more than a few times. There's something about the unmiked human voice as instrument that just
> clicks with me. I love how singing feels in the body. Nathalie probably understands.
>
> Organ music, bluegrass music, and accordion music are high on my list of favorites as well.
>
> Breakfast with friends sounds quite a lovely way to spend a dreary morning. Enjoy your excursion
> to Home Depot.
>
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:05:12 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I don't think that I've met a PROFESSIONAL Lutheran before. Nice meeting you. (g)
> >
> >You do seem to have connections to this little corner of the US. Have your sources told you it is
> >quite gray and damp here this morning. Having breakfast with bbs (former bbs) friends. We meet
> >monthly altho, I always accept "weather dependent!" (G) Weather worked for breakfast today but
> >since I have not been very good with foods lately, I'm going to hold to oatmeal - at least that
> >is the plan, this half hour before meeting. First, off to Home Depot to check for an orchard
> >ladder.
> >
> >So you are into choral music? That is probably one of my least favorite with some exceptions like
> >Carmina Burana.
> >
> >On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:01:24 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Well heck, it's pledge week here as well on every public radio station in town, NPR or not. And
> >>I know a couple of profs at PLU. It is, after all, Pacific LUTHERAN University, and I'm a
> >>professional Lutheran. (I'm the managing editor of worship & music at the publishing house for
> >>the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.) One of our editors lives in Seattle. I have
> >>relatives in Seattle. Not so much research as connecting the dots.

> >>Prairie Roots
> >>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003
>
> Prairie Roots
> 232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

I see how you defined it. Well, soon you will be able to pedal on sunday mornings.

I pass Seattle Pacific University which I think is also some denominational school on many of my
bike rides. It is on a nice loop.

Drizzling as I came home. Not sure that the mountains are much better. There was suppose to be sun
this afternoon but I think that may not come to pass. I should start stripping the bathroom
woodwork but ....

I like the overall pomp, scenery, etc of opera but their themes can be a bit, well, over the top.

We discussed travel and cats and only a little bit of computers this time. No ladder of the type I
need. Oh, well, I was not going to prune today anyway.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:33:03 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

>I say "professional" to distinguish myself from the practitioners. <G> You're more apt to find me
>at home on Sunday mornings than in a pew. There are probably more professional Lutherans at PLU
>than practitioners. At least one of them, though, is a professonal Catholic.
>
>I don't stay so connected to Seattle that I receive the morning weather reports. Today though I
>think it's nicer here than there. The temp's already 46F and the sun is shining.
>
>I live for choral music. It's opera that's on my least favorite list. A couple of weeks ago, I
>attended a Chanticleer concert (male a capella group out of San Francisco) and was moved to tears
>more than a few times. There's something about the unmiked human voice as instrument that just
>clicks with me. I love how singing feels in the body. Nathalie probably understands.
>
>Organ music, bluegrass music, and accordion music are high on my list of favorites as well.
>
>Breakfast with friends sounds quite a lovely way to spend a dreary morning. Enjoy your excursion to
>Home Depot.
>
>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:05:12 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I don't think that I've met a PROFESSIONAL Lutheran before. Nice meeting you. (g)
>>
>>You do seem to have connections to this little corner of the US. Have your sources told you it is
>>quite gray and damp here this morning. Having breakfast with bbs (former bbs) friends. We meet
>>monthly altho, I always accept "weather dependent!" (G) Weather worked for breakfast today but
>>since I have not been very good with foods lately, I'm going to hold to oatmeal - at least that is
>>the plan, this half hour before meeting. First, off to Home Depot to check for an orchard ladder.
>>
>>So you are into choral music? That is probably one of my least favorite with some exceptions like
>>Carmina Burana.
>>
>>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:01:24 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Well heck, it's pledge week here as well on every public radio station in town, NPR or not. And I
>>>know a couple of profs at PLU. It is, after all, Pacific LUTHERAN University, and I'm a
>>>professional Lutheran. (I'm the managing editor of worship & music at the publishing house for
>>>the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.) One of our editors lives in Seattle. I have
>>>relatives in Seattle. Not so much research as connecting the dots.

>>>Prairie Roots
>>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003
>
>Prairie Roots
>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Ah, the German Requiem is a good one but I particularly like Brahms. I think I heard Mendelsohn's St
Matthew (John??) and once was more than enough!

I'm seeing/hearing Carmina in April. I have about 3 different versions in the car (G)

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:33:26 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Oh yes I do understand! We 're singing a passion concert at Easter, with beautiful choral music
>from Brahms, Liszt and Fauré. And then there will be Brahms' German requiem in May... one of the
>most beautiful things I 've ever heard and sung in my life. And the Carmina Burana next year, Fred!
>I love opera too, especially Verdi. And besides that I love jazz, blues, rock... a little bit of
>everything in fact. I couldn't imagine my life without music.

I'm home from the bike shop just long enough to pick up my checkbook. They charge extra for
credit cards.

On my drives around town, I thought of a Fred-like way to describe my stance with the church: I'm
Lutheran by PROfession not CONfession.

Oh, I wondered what you were going to do with an orchard ladder. No Washington Delicious
apple-picking?

I like just about anyone's Requiem: Mozart, Faure, Rachmaninoff...

Listened to Rossini's L'Italiana in Algeri on the Chevron Texaco opera broadcast this afternoon. The
big number at the end of the 1st act was a show stopper. Vocal gymnastics. Exquisite.

I'm getting a Bianchi Auto-Milano. Full details later. Gotta run.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:00:46 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>I see how you defined it. Well, soon you will be able to pedal on sunday mornings.
>
>I pass Seattle Pacific University which I think is also some denominational school on many of my
>bike rides. It is on a nice loop.
>
>Drizzling as I came home. Not sure that the mountains are much better. There was suppose to be sun
>this afternoon but I think that may not come to pass. I should start stripping the bathroom
>woodwork but ....
>
>I like the overall pomp, scenery, etc of opera but their themes can be a bit, well, over the top.
>
>We discussed travel and cats and only a little bit of computers this time. No ladder of the type I
>need. Oh, well, I was not going to prune today anyway.
>
>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:33:03 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I say "professional" to distinguish myself from the practitioners. <G> You're more apt to find me
>>at home on Sunday mornings than in a pew. There are probably more professional Lutherans at PLU
>>than practitioners. At least one of them, though, is a professonal Catholic.
>>
>>I don't stay so connected to Seattle that I receive the morning weather reports. Today though I
>>think it's nicer here than there. The temp's already 46F and the sun is shining.
>>
>>I live for choral music. It's opera that's on my least favorite list. A couple of weeks ago, I
>>attended a Chanticleer concert (male a capella group out of San Francisco) and was moved to tears
>>more than a few times. There's something about the unmiked human voice as instrument that just
>>clicks with me. I love how singing feels in the body. Nathalie probably understands.
>>
>>Organ music, bluegrass music, and accordion music are high on my list of favorites as well.
>>
>>Breakfast with friends sounds quite a lovely way to spend a dreary morning. Enjoy your excursion
>>to Home Depot.
>>
>>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:05:12 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I don't think that I've met a PROFESSIONAL Lutheran before. Nice meeting you. (g)
>>>
>>>You do seem to have connections to this little corner of the US. Have your sources told you it is
>>>quite gray and damp here this morning. Having breakfast with bbs (former bbs) friends. We meet
>>>monthly altho, I always accept "weather dependent!" (G) Weather worked for breakfast today but
>>>since I have not been very good with foods lately, I'm going to hold to oatmeal - at least that
>>>is the plan, this half hour before meeting. First, off to Home Depot to check for an orchard
>>>ladder.
>>>
>>>So you are into choral music? That is probably one of my least favorite with some exceptions like
>>>Carmina Burana.

>>Prairie Roots
>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Prairie Roots
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Very good - PRO/CON. Very imaginative.

Frankly, there are no Washington DELICIOUS apples (boy, am I risking being sued). I have never been
fond of that particular variety. No, hedges, altho, I do have apple, cherry and plum trees in the
rear yard.

Enjoy the bike. I have not been to any shops in years where they discount for checks or inflate for
credit cards. I use to like that practice.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:41:42 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm home from the bike shop just long enough to pick up my checkbook. They charge extra for
>credit cards.
>
>On my drives around town, I thought of a Fred-like way to describe my stance with the church: I'm
>Lutheran by PROfession not CONfession.
>
>Oh, I wondered what you were going to do with an orchard ladder. No Washington Delicious
>apple-picking?
>
>I like just about anyone's Requiem: Mozart, Faure, Rachmaninoff...
>
>Listened to Rossini's L'Italiana in Algeri on the Chevron Texaco opera broadcast this afternoon.
>The big number at the end of the 1st act was a show stopper. Vocal gymnastics. Exquisite.
>
>I'm getting a Bianchi Auto-Milano. Full details later. Gotta run.
>
>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:00:46 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I see how you defined it. Well, soon you will be able to pedal on sunday mornings.
>>
>>I pass Seattle Pacific University which I think is also some denominational school on many of my
>>bike rides. It is on a nice loop.
>>
>>Drizzling as I came home. Not sure that the mountains are much better. There was suppose to be sun
>>this afternoon but I think that may not come to pass. I should start stripping the bathroom
>>woodwork but ....
>>
>>I like the overall pomp, scenery, etc of opera but their themes can be a bit, well, over the top.
>>
>>We discussed travel and cats and only a little bit of computers this time. No ladder of the type I
>>need. Oh, well, I was not going to prune today anyway.
>>
>>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:33:03 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I say "professional" to distinguish myself from the practitioners. <G> You're more apt to find me
>>>at home on Sunday mornings than in a pew. There are probably more professional Lutherans at PLU
>>>than practitioners. At least one of them, though, is a professonal Catholic.
>>>
>>>I don't stay so connected to Seattle that I receive the morning weather reports. Today though I
>>>think it's nicer here than there. The temp's already 46F and the sun is shining.
>>>
>>>I live for choral music. It's opera that's on my least favorite list. A couple of weeks ago, I
>>>attended a Chanticleer concert (male a capella group out of San Francisco) and was moved to tears
>>>more than a few times. There's something about the unmiked human voice as instrument that just
>>>clicks with me. I love how singing feels in the body. Nathalie probably understands.
>>>
>>>Organ music, bluegrass music, and accordion music are high on my list of favorites as well.
>>>
>>>Breakfast with friends sounds quite a lovely way to spend a dreary morning. Enjoy your excursion
>>>to Home Depot.

>>>Prairie Roots
>>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003
>
>Prairie Roots
>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

I share your opinion of the not-very-delicious Delicious apple. In my opinion, the same psychology
was used in naming this apple as was used in naming Greenland and Iceland. They're the opposite of
what their names imply.

My bike was purchased at a small, family owned bike shop. Dad owns the store, his young teenage son
sold me the bike and accessories. I'd have gone to a chain if necessary, but so much more
satisfactory transacting with a small business.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:28:28 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>Very good - PRO/CON. Very imaginative.
>
>Frankly, there are no Washington DELICIOUS apples (boy, am I risking being sued). I have never been
>fond of that particular variety. No, hedges, altho, I do have apple, cherry and plum trees in the
>rear yard.
>
>Enjoy the bike. I have not been to any shops in years where they discount for checks or inflate for
>credit cards. I use to like that practice.
>
>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:41:42 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I'm home from the bike shop just long enough to pick up my checkbook. They charge extra for
>>credit cards.
>>
>>On my drives around town, I thought of a Fred-like way to describe my stance with the church: I'm
>>Lutheran by PROfession not CONfession.
>>
>>Oh, I wondered what you were going to do with an orchard ladder. No Washington Delicious apple-
>>picking?
>>
>>I like just about anyone's Requiem: Mozart, Faure, Rachmaninoff...
>>
>>Listened to Rossini's L'Italiana in Algeri on the Chevron Texaco opera broadcast this afternoon.
>>The big number at the end of the 1st act was a show stopper. Vocal gymnastics. Exquisite.
>>
>>I'm getting a Bianchi Auto-Milano. Full details later. Gotta run.
>>
>>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:00:46 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I see how you defined it. Well, soon you will be able to pedal on sunday mornings.
>>>
>>>I pass Seattle Pacific University which I think is also some denominational school on many of my
>>>bike rides. It is on a nice loop.
>>>
>>>Drizzling as I came home. Not sure that the mountains are much better. There was suppose to be
>>>sun this afternoon but I think that may not come to pass. I should start stripping the bathroom
>>>woodwork but ....
>>>
>>>I like the overall pomp, scenery, etc of opera but their themes can be a bit, well, over the top.
>>>
>>>We discussed travel and cats and only a little bit of computers this time. No ladder of the type
>>>I need. Oh, well, I was not going to prune today anyway.

>>Prairie Roots
>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Prairie Roots
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

I notice the past-tense "was purchased" (G)

Congratulations. I see a wide variety of colors on various web pages. My bianchi is their 'famous'
celeste green - celedon almost.

Most delicious apples are almost tasteless pulp.