Points, please?

Yep. See separate post for details.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:09:23 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>I notice the past-tense "was purchased" (G)
>
>Congratulations. I see a wide variety of colors on various web pages. My bianchi is their 'famous'
>celeste green - celedon almost.
>
>Most delicious apples are almost tasteless pulp.
>
>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:23:18 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I share your opinion of the not-very-delicious Delicious apple. In my opinion, the same psychology
>>was used in naming this apple as was used in naming Greenland and Iceland. They're the opposite of
>>what their names imply.
>>
>>My bike was purchased at a small, family owned bike shop. Dad owns the store, his young teenage
>>son sold me the bike and accessories. I'd have gone to a chain if necessary, but so much more
>>satisfactory transacting with a small business.
>>
>>On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:28:28 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Very good - PRO/CON. Very imaginative.
>>>
>>>Frankly, there are no Washington DELICIOUS apples (boy, am I risking being sued). I have never
>>>been fond of that particular variety. No, hedges, altho, I do have apple, cherry and plum trees
>>>in the rear yard.
>>>
>>>Enjoy the bike. I have not been to any shops in years where they discount for checks or inflate
>>>for credit cards. I use to like that practice.

>>Prairie Roots
>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Prairie Roots
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Eh. You can call me 'ol Joyce - is about how I feel these days. Tomorrow I'll feel younger. Grandson
is coming to have breakfast and play with me. <G>

Joyce

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:07:00 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>Well, I DID want to know until I KNEW! (G)
>
>Yup, I was hoping Joyce and ol' MasterCook would come through. (I almost said ol' Joyce and Master
>Cook!!!!)
>
>I did not determine serving size - it bakes in a 9" springform pan but the recipe does not provide
>serving info. ONE sounds good! (G)
>
>THANKS.
>
>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 21:53:25 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Do you REALLY want to know? You didn't specify how many servings ... this is what mastercook spit
>>out at me for the entire recipe (1 serving - just in case you feel like eating all yourself):
>>
>>3031 calories/ 239 g fat / 23 g fiber = 75.94 US points
>>
>>Yikes, 239 grams of fat seems outrageous to me! If you cut it into 16 servings, then it comes out
>>to 189cal/15fat/1fiber = 4.83 US points. Does that sound better?
>>
>>Joyce
>>
>>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:44:35 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Hey, lady, I want facts, not editorial comments! (G)
>>>
>>>Chopping the chocolate uses some activity points, no? I tend to beat my egg whites by hand, also.

Which is still probably more than any of us would feel good about eating.

Joyce

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:14:55 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Just off the top of my head, the size of a 1/16th serving of this bomb has to be about the size of
>a small egg.
>
>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Do you REALLY want to know? You didn't specify how many servings ... this
>is what
>> mastercook spit out at me for the entire recipe (1 serving - just in case
>you feel
>> like eating all yourself):
>>
>> 3031 calories/ 239 g fat / 23 g fiber = 75.94 US points
>>
>> Yikes, 239 grams of fat seems outrageous to me! If you cut it into 16
>servings,
>> then it comes out to 189cal/15fat/1fiber = 4.83 US points. Does that
>sound
>> better?
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:44:35 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>>
>> >Hey, lady, I want facts, not editorial comments! (G)
>> >
>> >Chopping the chocolate uses some activity points, no? I tend to beat my egg whites by
>> >hand, also.

Have a good day, young GRANDMA

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:34:51 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>Eh. You can call me 'ol Joyce - is about how I feel these days. Tomorrow I'll feel younger.
>Grandson is coming to have breakfast and play with me. <G>
>
>Joyce
>
>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:07:00 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Well, I DID want to know until I KNEW! (G)
>>
>>Yup, I was hoping Joyce and ol' MasterCook would come through. (I almost said ol' Joyce and Master
>>Cook!!!!)
>>
>>I did not determine serving size - it bakes in a 9" springform pan but the recipe does not provide
>>serving info. ONE sounds good! (G)
>>
>>THANKS.
>>
>>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 21:53:25 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Do you REALLY want to know? You didn't specify how many servings ... this is what mastercook spit
>>>out at me for the entire recipe (1 serving - just in case you feel like eating all yourself):
>>>
>>>3031 calories/ 239 g fat / 23 g fiber = 75.94 US points
>>>
>>>Yikes, 239 grams of fat seems outrageous to me! If you cut it into 16 servings, then it comes out
>>>to 189cal/15fat/1fiber = 4.83 US points. Does that sound better?
>>>
>>>Joyce

Why thank ya sir! It was a grand day. Riley arrived at 8:30, ran right upstairs to wake BoomBoom
(sonny boy) up. Came downstairs for breakfast - had nutrigrain waffles and juicy oranges and orange
juice, along with his uncle. I opted for an english muffin and some fruit (and m' coffee). We played
cars, ball, colored, drew, counted, rolled around, hid from me underneath the blankets, and
everything else little boys love to do. The problem always comes when it's time to go home. I guess
we make it too much fun for him. <G> Costco after that (and bank, had to get the money in to pay
those dang bills), then home to fix din-din. Even squeezed a much needed nap in - guess that was
when hub decided to finish putting his bike together.

Heaven knows what tomorrow will bring.

Joyce

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:58:18 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>Have a good day, young GRANDMA
>
>On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:34:51 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Eh. You can call me 'ol Joyce - is about how I feel these days. Tomorrow I'll feel younger.
>>Grandson is coming to have breakfast and play with me. <G>
>>
>>Joyce
>>
>>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:07:00 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Well, I DID want to know until I KNEW! (G)
>>>
>>>Yup, I was hoping Joyce and ol' MasterCook would come through. (I almost said ol' Joyce and
>>>Master Cook!!!!)
>>>
>>>I did not determine serving size - it bakes in a 9" springform pan but the recipe does not
>>>provide serving info. ONE sounds good! (G)
>>>
>>>THANKS.

How old is Riley? Sounds like a blast.

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 01:53:02 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>Why thank ya sir! It was a grand day. Riley arrived at 8:30, ran right upstairs to wake BoomBoom
>(sonny boy) up. Came downstairs for breakfast - had nutrigrain waffles and juicy oranges and orange
>juice, along with his uncle. I opted for an english muffin and some fruit (and m' coffee). We
>played cars, ball, colored, drew, counted, rolled around, hid from me underneath the blankets, and
>everything else little boys love to do. The problem always comes when it's time to go home. I guess
>we make it too much fun for him. <G> Costco after that (and bank, had to get the money in to pay
>those dang bills), then home to fix din-din. Even squeezed a much needed nap in - guess that was
>when hub decided to finish putting his bike together.
>
>Heaven knows what tomorrow will bring.
>
>Joyce
>
>On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:58:18 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Have a good day, young GRANDMA
>>
>>On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:34:51 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Eh. You can call me 'ol Joyce - is about how I feel these days. Tomorrow I'll feel younger.
>>>Grandson is coming to have breakfast and play with me. <G>
>>>
>>>Joyce

He just turned 3 last week, and he is a hoot. Quite the little character and loads of personality
(as well as energy). I think right now he loves visiting us as he can be king tut around here, is
the center of attention. At home, he now has to share time with baby sister which he is finding he
doesn't like too well.
<G> I think the boy is keeping us young.

Joyce

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:36:23 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>How old is Riley? Sounds like a blast.
>
>On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 01:53:02 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Why thank ya sir! It was a grand day. Riley arrived at 8:30, ran right upstairs to wake BoomBoom
>>(sonny boy) up. Came downstairs for breakfast - had nutrigrain waffles and juicy oranges and
>>orange juice, along with his uncle. I opted for an english muffin and some fruit (and m' coffee).
>>We played cars, ball, colored, drew, counted, rolled around, hid from me underneath the blankets,
>>and everything else little boys love to do. The problem always comes when it's time to go home. I
>>guess we make it too much fun for him. <G> Costco after that (and bank, had to get the money in to
>>pay those dang bills), then home to fix din-din. Even squeezed a much needed nap in - guess that
>>was when hub decided to finish putting his bike together.
>>
>>Heaven knows what tomorrow will bring.
>>
>>Joyce
>>
>>On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:58:18 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Have a good day, young GRANDMA

Nicholas turns 3 next week, on the 9th. He's pretty much king tut around here too as he has no
brother or sister to deal with. My 84 year old grandma still sits him a few hours a day before I get
home from work. She says he keeps her young as well. She's a retired school teacher, kindergarten
and grade 4. Anyway now that she's spending time with Nicholas she's got him counting to 28! The
little bum can pick up a calendar and count like mad! I asked him what he wants on his birthday cake
and he says "numbers and candles". Too funny.

Brenda

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> He just turned 3 last week, and he is a hoot. Quite the little character
and
> loads of personality (as well as energy). I think right now he loves
visiting us
> as he can be king tut around here, is the center of attention. At home,
he now
> has to share time with baby sister which he is finding he doesn't like too
well.
> <G> I think the boy is keeping us young.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:36:23 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
wrote:

> >How old is Riley? Sounds like a blast.
> >
> >On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 01:53:02 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Why thank ya sir! It was a grand day. Riley arrived at 8:30, ran right
upstairs
> >>to wake BoomBoom (sonny boy) up. Came downstairs for breakfast - had
nutrigrain
> >>waffles and juicy oranges and orange juice, along with his uncle. I
opted for an
> >>english muffin and some fruit (and m' coffee). We played cars, ball,
colored,
> >>drew, counted, rolled around, hid from me underneath the blankets, and
everything
> >>else little boys love to do. The problem always comes when it's time to
go home.
> >>I guess we make it too much fun for him. <G> Costco after that (and
bank, had to
> >>get the money in to pay those dang bills), then home to fix din-din.
Even
> >>squeezed a much needed nap in - guess that was when hub decided to
finish putting
> >>his bike together.
> >>
> >>Heaven knows what tomorrow will bring.
> >>
> >>Joyce

Tomorrow I'll
<G>

It's amazing how sharp those first children are ... probably from having our undivided attention.
Then my second came along, she learned quickly how to keep herself occupied as mom was swamped with
3 kids. LOL I remember her asking me to read her a book and my telling her to just take the book and
read it to herself, she could do it. She had just turned 4 at the time. I was a bad, bad mom. <G>
Well I'll be danged if that kid didn't teach herself how to read in a few short months! She would
read street signs as we were driving down the road, surprised the heck out of me.

Riley isn't counting to 28 yet, can easily get to 10 and sometimes a bit further. He does recognize
all the letters of the alphabet and his mom is working on him being able to recite them without
seeing them (the old alphabet song?). His speech was pretty far behind normal and daughter was very
worried about that. I try to tell her that all kids develop differently, she won't accept it. She
also forgets that Riley was a full month premature and spent close to 2 weeks in neonatal intensive
care, so development lags can be very normal. I think he's doing great, he's a normal, healthy,
happy go lucky, active little boy ... what more can you ask for? Now if only she would put some
effort into potty training. <sigh>

Joyce

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:41:03 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Nicholas turns 3 next week, on the 9th. He's pretty much king tut around here too as he has no
>brother or sister to deal with. My 84 year old grandma still sits him a few hours a day before I
>get home from work. She says he keeps her young as well. She's a retired school teacher,
>kindergarten and grade 4. Anyway now that she's spending time with Nicholas she's got him counting
>to 28! The little bum can pick up a calendar and count like mad! I asked him what he wants on his
>birthday cake and he says "numbers and candles". Too funny.
>
>Brenda
>
>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> He just turned 3 last week, and he is a hoot. Quite the little character
>and
>> loads of personality (as well as energy). I think right now he loves
>visiting us
>> as he can be king tut around here, is the center of attention. At home,
>he now
>> has to share time with baby sister which he is finding he doesn't like too
>well.
>> <G> I think the boy is keeping us young.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:36:23 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>>
>> >How old is Riley? Sounds like a blast.

>upstairs
>nutrigrain
>opted for an
>colored,
>everything
>go home.
>bank, had to
>Even
>finish putting

>Tomorrow I'll
><G>

>but

>... this is what
>case you feel

>16 servings,
>that sound

>beat

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It's amazing how sharp those first children are ... probably from having
our
> undivided attention. Then my second came along, she learned quickly how
to keep
> herself occupied as mom was swamped with 3 kids. LOL I remember her
asking me to
> read her a book and my telling her to just take the book and read it to
herself,
> she could do it. She had just turned 4 at the time. I was a bad, bad
mom. <G>
> Well I'll be danged if that kid didn't teach herself how to read in a few
short
> months! She would read street signs as we were driving down the road,
surprised
> the heck out of me.

Nicholas reads the speed limit signs. Keeps him occupied on the long ride to my parents house.

> Riley isn't counting to 28 yet, can easily get to 10 and sometimes a bit
further.
> He does recognize all the letters of the alphabet and his mom is working
on him
> being able to recite them without seeing them (the old alphabet song?).
His
> speech was pretty far behind normal and daughter was very worried about
that. I
> try to tell her that all kids develop differently, she won't accept it.

Nicholas didn't really say much until last December. He goes to a play group on Thursdays and they
learn signing there, so he used signing more than anything else, then between Chritmas and New Years
his speech just took off, now he never signs. Riley will begin to talk soon. Being premature
probably added to the setback and boys are normally later beginning to talk than girls.

She also
> forgets that Riley was a full month premature and spent close to 2 weeks
in
> neonatal intensive care, so development lags can be very normal. I think
he's
> doing great, he's a normal, healthy, happy go lucky, active little boy ...
what
> more can you ask for? Now if only she would put some effort into potty
training.
> <sigh>

Potty training went well for us after about the first week. When we first tried putting him into
underwear he screamed and said they were "yucky". I asked him if he wanted to wear diapers his whole
life and he said "yes". Like I say that difficult time only lasted about a week, now he's pretty
much trained. Only had a few wetting accidents and still has the odd accident and messes himself,
but that doesn't happen often. I think I started training in November and things were more or less
sorted out within 2-3 weeks.

> Joyce
>
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:41:03 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Nicholas turns 3 next week, on the 9th. He's pretty much king tut around here too as he has no
> >brother or sister to deal with. My 84 year old grandma still sits him a few hours a day before I
> >get home from work.
She
> >says he keeps her young as well. She's a retired school teacher, kindergarten and grade 4. Anyway
> >now that she's spending time with
Nicholas
> >she's got him counting to 28! The little bum can pick up a calendar and count like mad! I asked
> >him what he wants on his birthday cake and he
says
> >"numbers and candles". Too funny.
> >
> >Brenda
> >
> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> He just turned 3 last week, and he is a hoot. Quite the little
character
> >and
> >> loads of personality (as well as energy). I think right now he loves
> >visiting us
> >> as he can be king tut around here, is the center of attention. At
home,
> >he now
> >> has to share time with baby sister which he is finding he doesn't like
too
> >well.
> >> <G> I think the boy is keeping us young.
> >>
> >> Joyce

> >upstairs
> >nutrigrain
> >opted for an
> >colored,
> >everything
> >go home.
> >bank, had to
> >Even
> >finish putting

> >Tomorrow I'll
> ><G>

<[email protected]>

> >but

> >... this is what
> >case you feel

> >16 servings,
> >that sound

<[email protected]>

> >beat

<[email protected]>

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:10:51 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> It's amazing how sharp those first children are ...
>> probably from having
>our
>> undivided attention. Then my second came along, she
>> learned quickly how
>to keep
>> herself occupied as mom was swamped with 3 kids. LOL I
>> remember her
>asking me to
>> read her a book and my telling her to just take the book
>> and read it to
>herself,
>> she could do it. She had just turned 4 at the time. I was
>> a bad, bad
>mom. <G>
>> Well I'll be danged if that kid didn't teach herself how
>> to read in a few
>short
>> months! She would read street signs as we were driving
>> down the road,
>surprised
>> the heck out of me.
>
>Nicholas reads the speed limit signs. Keeps him occupied on
>the long ride to my parents house.

Isn't it funny what will keep a child occupied? Then you
get to our age and forget to look for those speed limit
signs. <G>

>> Riley isn't counting to 28 yet, can easily get to 10 and
>> sometimes a bit
>further.
>> He does recognize all the letters of the alphabet and his
>> mom is working
>on him
>> being able to recite them without seeing them (the old
>> alphabet song?).
>His
>> speech was pretty far behind normal and daughter was very
>> worried about
>that. I
>> try to tell her that all kids develop differently, she
>> won't accept it.
>
>Nicholas didn't really say much until last December. He
>goes to a play group on Thursdays and they learn signing
>there, so he used signing more than anything else, then
>between Chritmas and New Years his speech just took off,
>now he never signs. Riley will begin to talk soon. Being
>premature probably added to the setback and boys are
>normally later beginning to talk than girls.

He started talking around 2 years old, has become much more
verbal now. I think my daughter has more issues with how he
pronounces things, sometimes slurs the words - he's just in
too much of a hurry. Learning signing at the early age
really is a neat idea. I have felt that signing should be
offered in schools, as another language choice (such as
spanish, french). This is something I think everyone could
use ... but no one seems to listen to me. <G>

>She also
>> forgets that Riley was a full month premature and spent
>> close to 2 weeks
>in
>> neonatal intensive care, so development lags can be very
>> normal. I think
>he's
>> doing great, he's a normal, healthy, happy go lucky,
>> active little boy ...
>what
>> more can you ask for? Now if only she would put some
>> effort into potty
>training.
>> <sigh>
>
>Potty training went well for us after about the first
>week. When we first tried putting him into underwear he
>screamed and said they were "yucky". I asked him if he
>wanted to wear diapers his whole life and he said "yes".
>Like I say that difficult time only lasted about a week,
>now he's pretty much trained. Only had a few wetting
>accidents and still has the odd accident and messes
>himself, but that doesn't happen often. I think I started
>training in November and things were more or less sorted
>out within 2-3 weeks.

My daughter was horrid with training, never was interested.
With Riley, there have just been too many inconsistencies
and excuses. It's not something that can be tried once a
week, or in the morning then don't make another attempt
until several days later. Now that mama is home and not
working full time, I'll bet things will go smoother in this
department.

Joyce

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:10:51 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> It's amazing how sharp those first children are ...
> >> probably from
having
> >our
> >> undivided attention. Then my second came along, she
> >> learned quickly
how
> >to keep
> >> herself occupied as mom was swamped with 3 kids. LOL I
> >> remember her
> >asking me to
> >> read her a book and my telling her to just take the
> >> book and read it to
> >herself,
> >> she could do it. She had just turned 4 at the time. I
> >> was a bad, bad
> >mom. <G>
> >> Well I'll be danged if that kid didn't teach herself
> >> how to read in a
few
> >short
> >> months! She would read street signs as we were driving
> >> down the road,
> >surprised
> >> the heck out of me.
> >
> >Nicholas reads the speed limit signs. Keeps him occupied
> >on the long
ride
> >to my parents house.
>
> Isn't it funny what will keep a child occupied? Then you
> get to our age
and
> forget to look for those speed limit signs. <G>

You said it! Actually the area in which we live really only
has two or three different speed limits, 30km/hr through
town, 60km/hr on the outskirts and 80km/hr anywhere else!
Doesn't take much to stick within those limits, you get used
to them quickly, then there's no excuse if you get a ticket!

Actually DH got a ticket a few years back. He's got a
Kawasaki Ninja ZX 9R in lime green. His bike looks exactly
like this one
http://www.mpsracing.com/products/TiForce/es01i.asp The
darn thing goes like you wouldn't believe. He got pulled
over twice in the 60km zone near our house and was lucky as
it was a different police officer each time, so they let
him off with a warning after he promised not to do it
again. Then, about a week later he got pulled over again,
but wasn't so lucky this time. The officer that pulled him
over this time was the same one that pulled him over the
first time. The first time he told the officer he was late
meeting me for a lunch date, so Constable Rosenberg let him
off, but he couldn't use the same excuse again, so got a
ticked for $115.00. He was doing 130km/hr in a 60km/hr
zone. He's lucky his ticket was only $115.00 as it should
have been alot more!

> >> Riley isn't counting to 28 yet, can easily get to 10
> >> and sometimes a
bit
> >further.
> >> He does recognize all the letters of the alphabet and
> >> his mom is
working
> >on him
> >> being able to recite them without seeing them (the old
> >> alphabet song?).
> >His
> >> speech was pretty far behind normal and daughter was
> >> very worried about
> >that. I
> >> try to tell her that all kids develop differently, she
> >> won't accept it.
> >
> >Nicholas didn't really say much until last December. He
> >goes to a play group on Thursdays and they learn signing
> >there, so he used signing more than anything else, then
> >between Chritmas and New Years his speech just
took
> >off, now he never signs. Riley will begin to talk soon.
> >Being premature probably added to the setback and boys
> >are normally later beginning to
talk
> >than girls.
>
> He started talking around 2 years old, has become much
> more verbal now. I
think
> my daughter has more issues with how he pronounces things,
> sometimes slurs
the
> words - he's just in too much of a hurry. Learning signing
> at the early
age
> really is a neat idea. I have felt that signing should be
> offered in
schools, as
> another language choice (such as spanish, french). This is
> something I
think
> everyone could use ... but no one seems to listen to me.
> <G>

I agree. It could come in handy in many instances. Now that
Nicholas has the speech thing figured out he's not using
signs at all.

> >She also
> >> forgets that Riley was a full month premature and spent
> >> close to 2
weeks
> >in
> >> neonatal intensive care, so development lags can be
> >> very normal. I
think
> >he's
> >> doing great, he's a normal, healthy, happy go lucky,
> >> active little boy
> >what
> >> more can you ask for? Now if only she would put some
> >> effort into potty
> >training.
> >> <sigh>
> >
> >Potty training went well for us after about the first
> >week. When we
first
> >tried putting him into underwear he screamed and said
> >they were "yucky".
> >asked him if he wanted to wear diapers his whole life and
> >he said "yes". Like I say that difficult time only lasted
> >about a week, now he's pretty much trained. Only had a
> >few wetting accidents and still has the odd accident and
> >messes himself, but that doesn't happen often. I think I
> >started training in November and things were more or less
> >sorted out
within
> >2-3 weeks.
>
> My daughter was horrid with training, never was
> interested. With Riley,
there
> have just been too many inconsistencies and excuses. It's
> not something
that can
> be tried once a week, or in the morning then don't make
> another attempt
until
> several days later. Now that mama is home and not working
> full time, I'll
bet
> things will go smoother in this department.

I hope so. Once she starts, she'll have to keep up with it
or it's too easy to let it slide and go back to the diaper
thing. I'm glad to not be spending all that money on
diapers now. We just use one at night. About half of the
mornings he's dry.

> Joyce

1st) I wish speedlimits were like that here. 2nd) He's very
lucky that he wasn't in Pennsylvania doing those sorts of
speeds! He'd have lost his license for certain.

"Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:10:51 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >news:[email protected]...
> having
> > >our
> how
> > >to keep
> > >asking me to
> > >herself,
bad
> > >mom. <G>
> few
> > >short
road,
> > >surprised
> > >
> > >Nicholas reads the speed limit signs. Keeps him
> > >occupied on the long
> ride
> > >to my parents house.
> >
> > Isn't it funny what will keep a child occupied? Then you
> > get to our age
> and
> > forget to look for those speed limit signs. <G>
>
> You said it! Actually the area in which we live really
> only has two or three different speed limits, 30km/hr
> through town, 60km/hr on the
outskirts
> and 80km/hr anywhere else! Doesn't take much to stick
> within those
limits,
> you get used to them quickly, then there's no excuse if
> you get a ticket!
>
> Actually DH got a ticket a few years back. He's got a
> Kawasaki Ninja ZX
9R
> in lime green. His bike looks exactly like this one
> http://www.mpsracing.com/products/TiForce/es01i.asp The
> darn thing goes like you wouldn't believe. He got pulled
> over twice
in
> the 60km zone near our house and was lucky as it was a
> different police officer each time, so they let him off
> with a warning after he promised
not
> to do it again. Then, about a week later he got pulled
> over again, but wasn't so lucky this time. The officer
> that pulled him over this time was the same one that
> pulled him over the first time. The first time he told the
> officer he was late meeting me for a lunch date, so
> Constable
Rosenberg
> let him off, but he couldn't use the same excuse again, so
> got a ticked
for
> $115.00. He was doing 130km/hr in a 60km/hr zone. He's
> lucky his ticket was only $115.00 as it should have been
> alot more!

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 20:54:10 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> >Nicholas reads the speed limit signs. Keeps him occupied
>> >on the long
>ride
>> >to my parents house.
>>
>> Isn't it funny what will keep a child occupied? Then you
>> get to our age
>and
>> forget to look for those speed limit signs. <G>
>
>You said it! Actually the area in which we live really
>only has two or three different speed limits, 30km/hr
>through town, 60km/hr on the outskirts and 80km/hr
>anywhere else! Doesn't take much to stick within those
>limits, you get used to them quickly, then there's no
>excuse if you get a ticket!

That would make things so much simpler. Our speed limits
seem to change every 50 feet or so ... 20, 25, 25, 40, 20
... never know what you are getting into. Highways are 65
unless posted lower (so have to pay attention to those
signs). In my old age, I tend to just poke along now - don't
need or want any tickets.

>Actually DH got a ticket a few years back. He's got a
>Kawasaki Ninja ZX 9R in lime green. His bike looks exactly
>like this one
>http://www.mpsracing.com/products/TiForce/es01i.asp The
>darn thing goes like you wouldn't believe. He got pulled
>over twice in the 60km zone near our house and was lucky as
>it was a different police officer each time, so they let
>him off with a warning after he promised not to do it
>again. Then, about a week later he got pulled over again,
>but wasn't so lucky this time. The officer that pulled him
>over this time was the same one that pulled him over the
>first time. The first time he told the officer he was late
>meeting me for a lunch date, so Constable Rosenberg let him
>off, but he couldn't use the same excuse again, so got a
>ticked for $115.00. He was doing 130km/hr in a 60km/hr
>zone. He's lucky his ticket was only $115.00 as it should
>have been alot more!

He is very lucky, probably wouldn't get away with that
around here. Our locale is ticket happy, desperately need
the revenue they bring in. Standard ticket (up to 15mph over
limit) is $75, goes up from there based on how much over the
limit you are. Hub got one a few months ago, got himself
caught in a speed trap. He was pulling out of a parking lot,
immediately saw the lights and pulled over (probably his
first mistake ... whoever pulls over gets the ticket). They
said they caught him going 47 in a 35 zone. Now I know my
vehicle and it's impossible to get it up to 45 when exiting
a parking lot!

>> >Potty training went well for us after about the first
>> >week. When we
>first
>> >tried putting him into underwear he screamed and said
>> >they were "yucky".
>> >asked him if he wanted to wear diapers his whole life
>> >and he said "yes". Like I say that difficult time only
>> >lasted about a week, now he's pretty much trained. Only
>> >had a few wetting accidents and still has the odd
>> >accident and messes himself, but that doesn't happen
>> >often. I think I started training in November and things
>> >were more or less sorted out
>within
>> >2-3 weeks.
>>
>> My daughter was horrid with training, never was
>> interested. With Riley,
>there
>> have just been too many inconsistencies and excuses. It's
>> not something
>that can
>> be tried once a week, or in the morning then don't make
>> another attempt
>until
>> several days later. Now that mama is home and not working
>> full time, I'll
>bet
>> things will go smoother in this department.
>
>I hope so. Once she starts, she'll have to keep up with it
>or it's too easy to let it slide and go back to the diaper
>thing. I'm glad to not be spending all that money on
>diapers now. We just use one at night. About half of the
>mornings he's dry.

Yup, getting her to believe this is another story. <G> Today
she was angry at him, was changing his diaper when he
decided to let loose ... on her. LOL! Maybe she'll soon get
the picture? She still has to spend the money on diapers, as
she now has a 6 week old little girl. BUT - she could cut
back on the quantity and not having to buy 2 different
sizes, definitely a cut in expenses. I remember well those
feelings of relief when no longer having to purchase formula
and diapers.

Joyce