Polar 200cad or 725x?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by pixelmill, Jul 24, 2006.

1. pixelmill

pixelmill New Member

Anyone have experience of both these computers? I am looking for a HR computer with cadence & HR, wireless, and it seems the biggest difference is the ability fo the 725 to add a power meter at a later date. And maybe the wrist strap...Am I missing something? Are the sensors similar or the same?

thanks for any wise words....

Tags:

2. kleng

kleng New Member

Hi

The 725x has different speed and cadence sensors to the 200cad, the cadence is an optional extra I believe. Some people have reported transmission problems with the 200cad on different threads within the forum. The batteries in the 725x sensors are replaceable while in the 200cad I believe you need to buy new sensors when the battereis fail.

The 725x has the option of using the polar foot pod for running.

The 725x come with the Polar Precision Perfromance software to download data to your pc via infrared( 200cad is by sonic uplink to the internet, which would be a bit more complicated) , to analyse and chart the data, it also has a rudimentary altimeter for ascent and descent data.

Here is the comparision page

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/polar/html/comparison/cycling.html.

The 725x is also more expensive than the 200cad, so it depends on what you want to use it for.

3. pixelmill

pixelmill New Member

thanks for the prompt reply! I think I can spring the extra for the 725 from what you are saying....no-one seems to have a problem with them.

thanks again...

4. rbtmcardle

rbtmcardle New Member

big fan of the 725x here, never have used the 200 though

5. MY02_STi

MY02_STi New Member

Go for the S725X.

They are really a 'training system' as you can add the Power Meter or Foot Pod (if you run, hike, walk etc).

The PPP Software is worth the difference in $$ over the 200CAD - but CyclingPeaks is way better if you use the Power Meter, PPP software if you don't ;)

6. pixelmill

pixelmill New Member

Thanks all - straight to EBay for a 725x and got a pretty sweet deal on that and the cadence sensor :)

It's great to get some quick feedback! Getting fitted for the new bike on Sunday - very exciting!