Polar 710 doesn't beep

DaveH

Guest
Hi!

I have just tried to set this up to beep when pulse rate is out of
limits. No matter what I do I can't make it beep. The pulse rate
flashes as it is meant to, I turn the sound on by pressing the "light"
key for a period and the symbol appears on the display. But no
beeping...

Of course I have already turned sound on.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Dave

On 11 Jul 2004 00:01:10 -0700, [email protected] (DaveH) wrote:

>What am I doing wrong?

As fare as I can see nothing, sounds like a defect beeper to me.

Regards
Anders

Anders H. Andersen wrote:
> On 11 Jul 2004 00:01:10 -0700, [email protected] (DaveH) wrote:
>

>> What am I doing wrong?

> As fare as I can see nothing, sounds like a defect beeper to me.
>
> Regards
> Anders

I don't think so, unless both our watches have defective beepers, cause I
have exactly the same question (and symptoms).

DaveH wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have just tried to set this up to beep when pulse rate is out of
> limits. No matter what I do I can't make it beep. The pulse rate
> flashes as it is meant to, I turn the sound on by pressing the "light"
> key for a period and the symbol appears on the display. But no
> beeping...
>
> Of course I have already turned sound on.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks
> Dave

I found the answer, and it sucks. You have to turn off bike mode to get it
to beep. Sort of makes limits a useless feature on a bike if you have to
look at the watch to see if you're under or over.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I found the answer, and it sucks. You have to turn off bike mode to get it
> to beep. Sort of makes limits a useless feature on a bike if you have to
> look at the watch to see if you're under or over.

Thanks for the response. As you say the cure sucks...

Thanks again.

"DaveH" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
news:[email protected]...
> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > I found the answer, and it sucks. You have to turn off bike mode to get

it
> > to beep. Sort of makes limits a useless feature on a bike if you have to
> > look at the watch to see if you're under or over.

> Thanks for the response. As you say the cure sucks...
>
> Thanks again.

Haven't tried this yet, but it should work.

Create an exercise set for intervals based on heart rates. Set your upper
and lower limits and an infinite number of repetitions.

HTH