Polar 710 doesn't beep

Daveh

Guest
Hi!

I have just tried to set this up to beep when pulse rate is
out of limits. No matter what I do I can't make it beep. The
pulse rate flashes as it is meant to, I turn the sound on by
pressing the "light" key for a period and the symbol appears
on the display. But no beeping...

Of course I have already turned sound on.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Dave

On 11 Jul 2004 00:01:10 -0700, [email protected] (DaveH) wrote:

>What am I doing wrong?
As fare as I can see nothing, sounds like a defect
beeper to me.

Regards Anders

Anders H. Andersen wrote:
> On 11 Jul 2004 00:01:10 -0700, [email protected]
> (DaveH) wrote:
>

>> What am I doing wrong?
> As fare as I can see nothing, sounds like a defect
> beeper to me.
>
> Regards Anders

I don't think so, unless both our watches have defective
beepers, cause I have exactly the same question (and
symptoms).

DaveH wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have just tried to set this up to beep when pulse rate
> is out of limits. No matter what I do I can't make it
> beep. The pulse rate flashes as it is meant to, I turn the
> sound on by pressing the "light" key for a period and the
> symbol appears on the display. But no beeping...
>
> Of course I have already turned sound on.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks Dave

I found the answer, and it sucks. You have to turn off bike
mode to get it to beep. Sort of makes limits a useless
feature on a bike if you have to look at the watch to see if
you're under or over.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I found the answer, and it sucks. You have to turn off
> bike mode to get it to beep. Sort of makes limits a
> useless feature on a bike if you have to look at the watch
> to see if you're under or over.

Thanks for the response. As you say the cure sucks...

Thanks again.

"DaveH" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
news:[email protected]...
> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > I found the answer, and it sucks. You have to turn off
> > bike mode to get
it
> > to beep. Sort of makes limits a useless feature on a
> > bike if you have to look at the watch to see if you're
> > under or over.
>
> Thanks for the response. As you say the cure sucks...
>
> Thanks again.

Haven't tried this yet, but it should work.

Create an exercise set for intervals based on heart rates.
Set your upper and lower limits and an infinite number of
repetitions.

HTH