Polar 710 - HR Limit audible Alarm

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Ssushi, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Ssushi

Ssushi New Member

Does anyone know how to make this HR monitor bleep when I'm out of my range. ATM it just flashes at me.

Ta in advance

Ssushi

Tags:

2. rek

rek New Member

Hold down the top-left (backlight) button for a few seconds. It should beep and show a little alarm signal next to the HR icon flashing thingy.

Note that if you are displaying the trip-meter or altitude, the same button is used for resetting/re-calibrating those measures..

The newer S710i and S720i can't do the beeping when you're outside of HR range .. only the older S710 can.

3. Shabby

Shabby New Member

Just to clarify - you can't set the beeping when bike settings are on. I turn the bike off for wind trainer sessions so that it can beep at me when I'm being lazy.

Not sure why they decided this was a good function.

4. rek

rek New Member

Oops, maybe I wasn't clear in my earlier post. With the older S710 you can have the beeping set while in bike mode (v. handy whjle riding at night, when you can't see the screen) ... the S710i and S720i can't do this because of "interference problems" (so Polar say :confused: )

5. Ssushi

Ssushi New Member

I've had the speaker symbol switched on but still no sounds, then it switched over to time 2 setting and then it reset it's altitude to -400ft at 0 ft. I really don't like the menus on this watch at all, very user unfriendly. It's a good job that it does good things....

Ta rek

Ssushi

6. Shabby

Shabby New Member

You get used to them pretty quickly. I was flustered and confused for a while but it's like learning any new software, at first you have NFI, then it's second nature. The thing I kept doing was stopping the files during a run and having two files for the one run. You can fix it on the software by sticking them back together.