Polar 710 - Recording stops during exercise

jgrosema

Sep 10, 2003
All,

I have a Polar 710 (not the i) on my race-bike and have encountered this problem already a few times ...
- settings are to measure only speed and heart-rate (no altitude or cadence/power sensors)
- doing 'basic exercise' with auto-start

After approx. 2 hours of continuous ride, the trip counter is no longer updated, altough both speed and heart-rate are still showing values. Strangely enough the trip meter was at 67.9 km both times (the trip meter wasn't reset at the beginning of the exercise)

Any idea (as the Polar manual doesn't give any answer to this problem),
Jochen.

jgrosema said:
All,

I have a Polar 710 (not the i) on my race-bike and have encountered this problem already a few times ...
- settings are to measure only speed and heart-rate (no altitude or cadence/power sensors)
- doing 'basic exercise' with auto-start

After approx. 2 hours of continuous ride, the trip counter is no longer updated, altough both speed and heart-rate are still showing values. Strangely enough the trip meter was at 67.9 km both times (the trip meter wasn't reset at the beginning of the exercise)

Any idea (as the Polar manual doesn't give any answer to this problem),
Jochen.
I'm assuming you have enough memory free in the unit for 2 hours of recording..

When the system is actively recording, there should be 5 little vertical bars to the right of the "main" (big) display that turn on and off in a pattern. Are these still flashing about after the 67.9km mark?

Have you tried with an exercise set (i.e not using the BasicSet?) I don't think it should make a difference, but you never know I guess.. :confused: