Polar 710 vs. 720 monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trifox13

I am looking for a new HR monitor and am considering these cycling models. Any reason to go w/ the
720 over the 710? Any problems w/ using it as a stand-alone cycling computer w/ cadence? Are all the
functions except cadenc wireless? Thanx in advance. andy

"trifox13" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> I am looking for a new HR monitor and am considering these cycling models. Any reason to go w/ the
> 720 over the 710? Any problems w/ using it as a stand-alone cycling computer w/ cadence? Are all
> the functions except cadenc wireless? Thanx in advance. andy

I don't see much difference between the 710i and the 720i. I have the 710 (the version before 710i)
and absolutely love it. I use it as my computer and my HRM without problems. The software isn't
anything fancy, but it gets the job done. Both the cadence sensor and the power sensor are wireless.

In article <[email protected]>, "trifox13" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am looking for a new HR monitor and am considering these cycling models. Any reason to go w/ the
> 720 over the 710? Any problems w/ using it as a stand-alone cycling computer w/ cadence? Are all
> the functions except cadenc wireless?

The only difference between the 710 and the 720 is that the 720 has a stainless steel face, making
it a little more durable. It's getting harder to find the 710, so I suspect Polar is phasing it out.
I bought the 720 last month and have 1406 miles on it so far. The only downside is that electrical
interference can temporarily jam the wireless signal, showing 68 mph or 196 cadence. This doesn't
happen very often, and it has little impact on the aggregate measurements.

All of the functions (heart, speed, cadence) are wireless. If you buy the expensive power
measurement option, all functions except heart rate are wired.
--
terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://www.terrymorse.com/bike/

thanx, andy "Terry Morse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, "trifox13" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a new HR monitor and am considering these cycling
models.
> > Any reason to go w/ the 720 over the 710? Any problems w/ using it as a stand-alone cycling
> > computer w/ cadence? Are all the functions except
cadenc
> > wireless?
>
> The only difference between the 710 and the 720 is that the 720 has a stainless steel face, making
> it a little more durable. It's getting harder to find the 710, so I suspect Polar is phasing it
> out. I bought the 720 last month and have 1406 miles on it so far. The only downside is that
> electrical interference can temporarily jam the wireless signal, showing 68 mph or 196 cadence.
> This doesn't happen very often, and it has little impact on the aggregate measurements.
>
> All of the functions (heart, speed, cadence) are wireless. If you buy the expensive power
> measurement option, all functions except heart rate are wired.
> --
> terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://www.terrymorse.com/bike/

Status
Not open for further replies.