Polar 720i Service

Roger Zoul

Guest
My Polar 720i needs new batteries (in watch and chest strap) and a new
wristband for the watch. I went to the polar website looking for a contact
point and ended up on a form where I had to specify my name, email address,
and a comment. I haven't heard anything back yet. This kinda sucks.

There must be a better means to contact them. Anyone know? Also, what kind
of turn-around time should I expect and what do they typically charge? Will
they provide a new wristband for the watch at a fee?

Thanks.

Roger Zoul wrote:
> My Polar 720i needs new batteries (in watch and chest strap) and a new
> wristband for the watch. I went to the polar website looking for a contact
> point and ended up on a form where I had to specify my name, email address,
> and a comment. I haven't heard anything back yet. This kinda sucks.
>
> There must be a better means to contact them. Anyone know? Also, what kind
> of turn-around time should I expect and what do they typically charge? Will
> they provide a new wristband for the watch at a fee?
>
> Thanks.

I've never had any luck with Polar service. I found it to be slow and
expensive. My solution has been that for receiver batteries I find that
local jewelers can switch them out just fine and it costs ~$5-10 and
takes 10 minutes. Perhaps they can also find a band to fit.
As for the chest straps- when they go I found it simplest to just
replace them. My expereince is that the transmitter batteries last ~3x
the reciever batteries. So, I get several years use of the chest band.

gds wrote:
:: Roger Zoul wrote:
::: My Polar 720i needs new batteries (in watch and chest strap) and a
::: new wristband for the watch. I went to the polar website looking
::: for a contact point and ended up on a form where I had to specify
::: my name, email address, and a comment. I haven't heard anything
::: back yet. This kinda sucks.
:::
::: There must be a better means to contact them. Anyone know? Also,
::: what kind of turn-around time should I expect and what do they
::: typically charge? Will they provide a new wristband for the watch
::: at a fee?
:::
::: Thanks.
::
:: I've never had any luck with Polar service. I found it to be slow and
:: expensive. My solution has been that for receiver batteries I find
:: that local jewelers can switch them out just fine and it costs
:: ~$5-10 and takes 10 minutes. Perhaps they can also find a band to
:: fit.
:: As for the chest straps- when they go I found it simplest to just
:: replace them. My expereince is that the transmitter batteries last
:: ~3x the reciever batteries. So, I get several years use of the chest
:: band.

Thanks. I may very well try to follow this procedure as I don't wish to be
without the watch.

Roger Zoul wrote:
:: My Polar 720i needs new batteries (in watch and chest strap) and a
:: new wristband for the watch. I went to the polar website looking
:: for a contact point and ended up on a form where I had to specify my
:: name, email address, and a comment. I haven't heard anything back
:: yet. This kinda sucks.
::
:: There must be a better means to contact them. Anyone know? Also,
:: what kind of turn-around time should I expect and what do they
:: typically charge? Will they provide a new wristband for the watch
:: at a fee?
::
:: Thanks.

There is what I got today:

Thank you for your email.

To have your monitor repaired, please return your unit (both receiver and
transmitter) to one of our Polar Service Centers. Below you will find a
link to our website where you can download a service repair form along with
instructions on returning a unit for repair. The turnaround time is 7 -10
business days from the day it is received at Polar Service Center.

http://www.polarusa.com/service_repair/serverinfo_con.asp#

The following is a list of common repair charges:

Battery replacement: $10.00 (receiver/watch, Wearlink,
S-series sensors)
S720i wristband $12.95

Transmitter Set replacement: $24.99 T31 (with trade-in)
$30.99 T31C (with trade-in)
$49.99 Wearlink (replacement)

Elastic Strap: $3.00 T31/T31C (trade-in)
$5.99 T31/T31C (replacement)
$15.99 Wearlink (replacement)

Shipping & Handling: Rates and methods by service center are
listed below

Sales Tax See note for individual service centers below

You also have the option to Trade-Up your current model and save on a new
Polar heart rate monitor. If you are interested in finding out more about
the Trade-Up Program, please contact our customer service department at
(800) 227-1314.

The service center addresses and shipping information are listed below. It
is recommended you return your unit via a traceable and insured shipping
method, such as UPS or Insured US Mail. Polar is not responsible for items
lost in transit. All warranty repairs must be returned to the NY Service
Center.

AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTERS:

ALL REPAIRS ACCEPTED
Polar Electro Inc.
1111 Marcus Avenue
Suite M15
Lake Success, NY 11042-1034
Attn: Technical Service

SHIPPING & HANDLING

Standard
US Mail $2.95

*Alternate shipping methods:
UPS Red (overnight) $25.00
US Express Mail (overnight) $15.95
UPS Blue (2 day air) $10.00
UPS 3-Day Select $7.50
Outside the US S&H: $20.50

* Please indicate on your return if you wish to choose one of the
alternate shipping methods.

[NY, IL and NM residents are subject to sales tax (NY=8.625%, IL=5%,
NM=5%)]

NON-WARRANTY REPAIRS ONLY
Polar Service Center
7621 East Joy Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Attn: Technical Service
800-287-5901
Fax 734-996-4650

Standard
UPS Ground $6.50

*Alternate shipping methods:
US Mail $ 2.95 (Uninsured)**
UPS Overnight $22.00
UPS 2nd Day $10.50

* Please indicate on your return if you wish to choose one of the
alternate shipping methods.
** Service center is not responsible for items lost in transit for
uninsured shipments.

[MI residents are subject to sales tax]

NON-WARRANTY REPAIRS ONLY
Time-Tec Watch Service Center
635 S. Hill Street
Suite 209
Los Angeles, CA 90014
213-488-9222
213-488-9221 fax
888-448-TIME toll free

Standard
Fed-Ex Ground $8.00

*Alternate shipping methods:
US Mail $ 3.95 (Uninsured)**
US Express Mail $17.85
Fed-Ex Overnight $28.00
Fed-Ex 2nd Day $13.00
Fed-Ex 3rd Day $10.00

* Please indicate on your return if you wish to choose one of the
alternate shipping methods.
** Service center is not responsible for items lost in transit for
uninsured shipments.

[CA residents are subject to sales tax]

If you need further assistance please feel free to contact customer service
at 800-227-1314 or 516-364-0400.

Thank you for choosing Polar.

Customer Service
POLAR ELECTRO INC.

Polar offers a complete line of accessories that compliment your active
lifestyle. Please visit our on-line store for more information.
http://www.polarusa.com/store/default.asp

Trade-up your current heart rate monitor for a discount on a new model and
save on accessories too!