polar 725

Rythym

Jul 8, 2004
hey guys i just got the 725 and i set up the watch turning on both the speed and candance sensors, but as i put the sensors on and tested it i get to activity from the watch displaying speed or candance. I keep re adjusting the sensors and i still get nothing. I cant figure out what the problem is. I dont think its adjustment because i tried it a million different ways and they sensors are turned on the watch. Anyone else have problems?

Thanks Alex

Try pulling and reinserting the battery in the sensors, or replacing it. The magnets have to be almost touching to register.

Rythym said:
hey guys i just got the 725 and i set up the watch turning on both the speed and candance sensors, but as i put the sensors on and tested it i get to activity from the watch displaying speed or candance. I keep re adjusting the sensors and i still get nothing. I cant figure out what the problem is. I dont think its adjustment because i tried it a million different ways and they sensors are turned on the watch. Anyone else have problems?

Thanks Alex
make sure the cadence is on the left, and speed is on the right. make sure the POWER option is off on the watch itself. make sure the magnets under 4mm of the sensors.

are the lights blinking on the sensors? if you take the watch off the bike mount can you pick up a reading at all?

what kind of bars do you have? are they carbon?

report back

impakt said:
make sure the cadence is on the left, and speed is on the right. make sure the POWER option is off on the watch itself. make sure the magnets under 4mm of the sensors.

are the lights blinking on the sensors? if you take the watch off the bike mount can you pick up a reading at all?

what kind of bars do you have? are they carbon?

report back

the lights blink on the candance sensor but not the speed sensor. Even if i take the watch off the bike it still does not pick anything up. they are easton handle bars. the bike is carbon though, its a Giant OCR Limited. The power option is off also. Its totally baffled me :(

Thanks

Rythym said:
the lights blink on the candance sensor but not the speed sensor. Even if i take the watch off the bike it still does not pick anything up. they are easton handle bars. the bike is carbon though, its a Giant OCR Limited. The power option is off also. Its totally baffled me :(

Thanks
carbon lowers the transmittion range.. that could be part of the problem.

if either of the lights arent blinking send them into polar. include a note in the package telling them to increase the range on the sensors as well. you should be fine after that.

Rythym said:

Thanks

The speed sensor blinks only for a few seconds then "sleeps". After a delay (next day) make sure that speed sensor blinks.

Polar support from Finland is awsome...they sent be a note on how change the transmittion distance and change the battery in the speed sensor. The response turn around is next day via email.

Does the watch measure heart rate with the heart rate strap on and BIKE OFF?

tourdelivermore said:
The speed sensor blinks only for a few seconds then "sleeps". After a delay (next day) make sure that speed sensor blinks.

Polar support from Finland is awsome...they sent be a note on how change the transmittion distance and change the battery in the speed sensor. The response turn around is next day via email.

Does the watch measure heart rate with the heart rate strap on and BIKE OFF?

yeah its mesures heart rate just fine. i think both of the senosors are bad or the watch is bad itself. im going to have to call polar and sent it back :(