Polar 725s (or 720s) Odometer setting

clifficu2

Oct 25, 2003
Recently purchased a 725s. The software accommodates 2 bikes. In order to set the odometer one must establish an IR link, click the odometer box, type in the mileage, re-set the wrist unit, then update the time and date functions. Fine….no problem.

Here is the problem: Inputting BIKE 2 readings and going through the same steps causes it to change the BIKE 1 odometer as well (to whatever you input for BIKE 2).

Any help would be most appreciated!!

There is only one odometer setting for both bikes. I have a 625x, but I assume that there is not much difference with the 700s and the 625x. Here is Polar's response to the question I had posed for them a couple of weeks ago - "The S625X receiver can not keep odometers for bike1 and bike 2 separately." One of the quirky things you will find as you start using it more.

clifficu2 said:
Recently purchased a 725s. The software accommodates 2 bikes. In order to set the odometer one must establish an IR link, click the odometer box, type in the mileage, re-set the wrist unit, then update the time and date functions. Fine….no problem.

Here is the problem: Inputting BIKE 2 readings and going through the same steps causes it to change the BIKE 1 odometer as well (to whatever you input for BIKE 2).

Any help would be most appreciated!!

Yep...I went through this a year ago...one odometer setting for two bikes. It makes absolutely no sense and is not necessary, but, that's the way it is.

Not the news I was looking for but thanks for your help. You just saved me a few hours of computer time that would be better used to train!!