Polar Bike Mount

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Chuckztl, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Chuckztl

    Chuckztl Guest

    Is there a way to turn the Polar Bike Mount 90 degrees? The only place I can put the mount is on the
    top tube, which makes the display hard to read. Any suggestions?

    Tags:

  2. Rsquared

    Rsquared Guest

    "ChuckZTL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Is there a way to turn the Polar Bike Mount 90 degrees? The only place I can put the mount is on
    > the top tube, which makes the display hard to read. Any suggestions?

    Can't really visualize it. What about tie-wraps or vinyl tape?

    I am assuming you have already dismissed the thought of an aerobar mount - - the kind that mounts
    (with tie-wrap) perpendicular to the bar. Every LBS and mail-order catalog has them.

    rsquared

  3. Stp

    Stp Guest

    "ChuckZTL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Is there a way to turn the Polar Bike Mount 90 degrees? The only place I can put the mount is on
    > the top tube, which makes the display hard to read. Any suggestions?

    Here's a very low tech solution. I cut off about an 1 inch wide piece of some black closed cell foam
    insulation that was on one of my hot water pipes. It is slit to go around water pipes so it just
    slipped on the handle bar. It adds enough bulk to allow the strap on the watch to be synched down
    tight on the handlebar. It can go over cables or even handlebar tape so its gives you some
    flexibility on where to mount.

    If you don't have any pipe insulation in your house you can by an 8 foot piece at any hardware store
    for 3 or 4 bucks.

    As I recall, Polar sold a simple hunk of foam as a "bike mount" before it came up with the cool
    plastic thing they sell now.

    STP

  4. Chronofish

    Chronofish Guest

    "rsquared" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "ChuckZTL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Is there a way to turn the Polar Bike Mount 90 degrees? The only place I can put the mount is on
    > > the top tube, which makes the display hard to read. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Can't really visualize it. What about tie-wraps or vinyl tape?
    >
    > I am assuming you have already dismissed the thought of an aerobar mount - - the kind that mounts
    > (with tie-wrap) perpendicular to the bar. Every LBS and mail-order catalog has them.
    >
    > rsquared

    This is the way I go for my "normal" cyclocomputer. The vinyl tape is VERY cheap and personally I
    find it easier to mount - and in any configuration I desire. I also use the tape to cover the
    necessary wiring - 1 long piece mounted parallel to the tube. No tie-wraps to have to contend with.
    You can get just about any color to match your frame/handlebars if that's an issue.

    -CF