Polar CS100 or CS200

Velo Jayhawk

Jul 31, 2006
For those of you who own a CS200 computer - how much do you actually use the data uplink feature where you can upload your rides onto your PC?

I don't need the cadence as I'll continue using my Astrale for that, so not sure if the CS200 is worth another $50 over the CS100. Seems like it has everything I need to conduct HR-based workouts.

Advice & counsel from your experiences?

Velo Jayhawk said:
For those of you who own a CS200 computer - how much do you actually use the data uplink feature where you can upload your rides onto your PC?

I don't need the cadence as I'll continue using my Astrale for that, so not sure if the CS200 is worth another $50 over the CS100. Seems like it has everything I need to conduct HR-based workouts.

I'd get the CS200 and ditch the Astrale, otherwise just buy a cheaper HR monitor. Can't handle the crowded cockpit, but that's just me.
I've heard some people have had problems with the sonic upload to the pc.
I've got a 625x which works flawlessly using infrared transfer and it own software, but its more expensive, which is the downside.

Velo Jayhawk said:

============================================================
I agree with the last poster - spend the extra $50 and get the CS200. Now wires etc and no extra computer on the handlebars.

Velo Jayhawk said:

I use the CS200 sonic uplink - no problems although if your microphone's not very sensitive you may have trouble. One glitch since they updated the website recently - lap information is no longer displayed, or if it us, I can't access it... :-(

If you're not going to use the cadence feature on the CS, then why bother? Just get a cheap HR instead. Also, be prepared for weak/dead speed/cadence sensors with a 200 out of the box (it's a common complaint) – don't buy and expect to ride away in ten minutes as you may well need to go back to the shop to swap out the sensors... another reason for buying from the LBS rather than online.