Polar CS100 problems

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Chazzz801, Aug 25, 2010.

1. billydonn

billydonn New Member

I had another thought on this. If the unit stops recording when you are going very slowly, then it is not recording distance or time, which means that very slow riding would be omitted from all calculations. Thus, there would be an overall overestimation of average speed as opposed to underestimating it. Is this not the case?

Again, I have never noticed low speed dropout happening in my case. In fact I just tested one of my bikes on a stand and when I spin the front wheel by hand the unit does register very low speeds like 2 or 3 mph. Based on that, I'm concluding that my unit seems to be working just fine.

As to magnet position, it seems to be up or down sensitivity rather than proximity to the pickup that affects my unit. And this has been a minor issue that was easily fixed with a little tweaking.

2. 531Aussie

531Aussie Well-Known Member

Jeez, you've really got me re-thinking this whole thing.
    I'm gunna dust mine off and see if it still looks cool on my #1 bike :D

3. billydonn

billydonn New Member

All of my Polars are <1 year old and it is always possible that earlier production runs had some problems... but give it another shot and see what happens. If it passes the hand spin test you should be in good shape.

My Polar did register low speeds just fine during today's epic ride, though there were few low speed moments, of course! :D;)