Polar CS200 or CS200cad?

spinner32

Jul 8, 2006
Looking at upgrading my computer to Polar CS200 or CS200cad. What's the difference between the two models though? I'm having trouble discerning any at all based on Polar's website, yet the CS200cad retails for almost $30 more. Anybody out there know what the difference is, or have recomendations for similar products?

Thanks

spinner32 said:
Looking at upgrading my computer to Polar CS200 or CS200cad. What's the difference between the two models though? I'm having trouble discerning any at all based on Polar's website, yet the CS200cad retails for almost $30 more. Anybody out there know what the difference is, or have recomendations for similar products?

Thanks
the only difference I know about is the cadence measurement function on the CS200cad

Cadence is the difference. Get the CAD, I got one a few months ago and really like it. The download feature to the Polar website isn't all it's sold to be IMO, but the unit is very solid.

These units are unreliable. Ive read varius reviews and if you get a good one great but if you get a dud!!!! I made a point when buying one last month to really check the returns polocy with the shop (wouldnt even consider getting it on line).
Im glad I did as there have been a number if "issues" already. Going downhill or into a stiff breeze the heart rate displays the flapping of my jersey instead of or mixed with my HR! Couldnt figure what was wrong until I used my hand the stop the jersey and lo an behold the rubbish reading stopped!
More serious though was the rain last sunday got into the little darling and now it wont come out to play! i.e. its buggered.
So I got a dud - like I say some of my mates are very happy with theirs. Quality control needs attention polar

fitz said:
These units are unreliable. Ive read varius reviews and if you get a good one great but if you get a dud!!!! I made a point when buying one last month to really check the returns polocy with the shop (wouldnt even consider getting it on line).
Im glad I did as there have been a number if "issues" already. Going downhill or into a stiff breeze the heart rate displays the flapping of my jersey instead of or mixed with my HR! Couldnt figure what was wrong until I used my hand the stop the jersey and lo an behold the rubbish reading stopped!
More serious though was the rain last sunday got into the little darling and now it wont come out to play! i.e. its buggered.
So I got a dud - like I say some of my mates are very happy with theirs. Quality control needs attention polar

Agreed - I've got one head unit and two fitting kits and there's a wide variety of signal strengths from the transmitters/sensors, and I had to return one cad sensor as it was DOA.

Too late for you if the unit' stopped working (mine's fine in the rain, touch wood), but for the HR to work well, you need to wet the contacts on the strap as per the manual. Otherwise, until you get a good sweat on, it's too easily fooled. This sorted the problem for me.

Someone else said the upload function's not great, and I agree. It's ok, but you're limited in what ytou can do with the data once it's there, and the website's very slow. Also, for some reason the website has started ignoring the 'lap' data form each session, so I can no longer access that once uploaded. Anyone had a similar problem?