Polar CS200

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by sergen, Mar 20, 2006.

1. sergen

sergen New Member

Is there a way of increasing the volume of the alarm to tell you that you're outside your training zones? When cycling along on roads with lots of vehicles I find it hard to hear the alarm go off. From what I can tell there doesn't seem to be a way of adjusting the volume - only an 'on' or 'off' option.

Tags:

2. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

Are you sure your battery is not getting weak? I find the alarm to be rather loud and annoying... and I am talking about Rome sea road traffic (a LOT of cars going by about a 1 meter away from you at anything from 50 - 80 kp/h...

3. sergen

sergen New Member

Well it's only 2 weeks old so it shouldn't really be the battery. Maybe I'm going deaf as I get older.

4. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Sure it can be the batteries. They have a finite shelf life, whether they're powering something or not. 'sides, replacing the batteries is an uber cheap way to fix or rule out a problem.

5. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

There you go. Try a new set of batteries in the main unit and, if that has not worked, we will begin ruling out other things! :)

6. cucamelsmd15

cucamelsmd15 New Member

Nah, I doubt its the batteries. I just replaced mine a few weeks ago, and its still quiet. On a quiet road, I can hear mine, but on a busy road with traffic, forget it.