Polar CS200CAD Questions for owners

starship

Jun 16, 2004
Does this unit have an odometer. if so, can it be set to the current miles on my bike?

starship said:
Does this unit have an odometer. if so, can it be set to the current miles on my bike?

Yup. If you want to set your odometer at 12,548 miles, you can do that. Actually, there are 2 odometers, in case you ride two different bikes.

alienator said:
Yup. If you want to set your odometer at 12,548 miles, you can do that. Actually, there are 2 odometers, in case you ride two different bikes.

:D :D Thanks. My unit is on order and will be here soon!

Where did you find the best place to buy this?

Does the cadence thing need to be ordered separately?

Thanks

Z

I bought a CS200Cad a couple of months back (from an LBS here in France - I try to support them when I can and it was only a couple of per cent more than buying on Ebay). It's great - the best cycling gadget I've had. I didn't think I'd use the ability to upload the data to the web and have a training diary, but I do use it a lot and it's a good motivator. Only gripes are that the speed and cadence sensors are pretty big and bulky (and when the batteries finally run out you have to send them back to the factory...), and that the magnets have to be very close to the sensor, which can be tricky to get right (on one bike I have the sensr mounted right at the bottom of the fork leg, so it's as close as poss to the spokes, and it works fine, on the other bike I can't put it further than halfway down or I get no signal. Also, despite the 'coded' HRM sensor, my old Sigma HRM picks up the signal from the Polar Wearlink thingy!

Overall I'm very happy with it though.