polar cs600 power and sora?

catlike

Jun 21, 2007
Was considering to buy polar cs600 power. The question is- will it work with Sora 8 speed groupset (there is no sora rear derailleur listed in instalation file on Polar website)?

catlike said:
Was considering to buy polar cs600 power. The question is- will it work with Sora 8 speed groupset (there is no sora rear derailleur listed in instalation file on Polar website)?
The polar measures chain speed, chain tension, and cadence to estimate power. All of these are independent of groupset. So the sora should be no problem.

jimrolf said:
The polar measures chain speed, chain tension, and cadence to estimate power. All of these are independent of groupset. So the sora should be no problem.

The only problem might be that the included replacement bolts for the pulley might not fit. They may simply not list that derailleur because it's pretty low on the totem pole, and if the bolt threads are the same as one of the supplied bolts, it should work.

Thanks for replies. I am encouraged to go with powermeter for my current groupset.
I have an idea not to go with cs600, but try to find used or maybe new (i understand that they are discontinued) 725 power sensor for my 725x HRM i own. Thus i can keep my 725 and save $. Does this sound reasonable? Will 725 power be much worse than cs600? Are the precision of power data reading similar for both of them? What are main drawback of 725 power sensors? Is there anyone who have used both of them?