Polar CS600 Power - First on the Block...

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by J-V, Apr 6, 2007.

1. bamavortex

bamavortex New Member

Thanks for that info. I followed your instructions and was able to fix the display contrast problem. Now everything works great.

2. J-V

J-V New Member

Interesting fix noted to your problem above. Mine has recently started blanking out a bit when I first press the buttons to initiate a ride; the contrast will dim variably, sometimes losing the display altogether, but once it's identified the sensors and is ready to generate data, it works fine. Battery is good. It's very strange, but I guess as long as it doesn't happen during operation, it's not a big deal.

I wonder how the guy who solved your problem knew how to access the service menu?

-J\V

3. goodboyr

goodboyr New Member

I'd suspect the battery on your head unit is starting to go. I had the same symptoms, and then the battery died. As for how I found out about the service menu?.................I think it was on the forums on www.polar.fi.

4. J-V

J-V New Member

When it first started happening, replacing the battery was the first thing I tried. It continued to dim, and in both cases (both before and after) the battery power showed as 'full' in the dialog box, though I have no idea how accurate the software is.

Thanks!