Polar download to computer. It just wont work for me.

Thomas Madden

Jan 28, 2007
G,day
I just got a polar s710i and i thought beauty i can download all my cycling training sessions and the coach will be happy. But the thing didnt come with a infa red port for the computer so i went and bought a USB to IrDA thing of ebay apparently saving me heaps but then i got home and i went to plug the infa red adapter in and i had to install the software for the polar and the infa red software but then i lined the infa red bit of the polar and IrDA and presses the icon on the polar software to try to find the polar Hr monitor. But it didnt.

Can anyone who knows anything about anything say somthing about this somthing.

Thomas Madden said:
G,day
I just got a polar s710i and i thought beauty i can download all my cycling training sessions and the coach will be happy. But the thing didnt come with a infa red port for the computer so i went and bought a USB to IrDA thing of ebay apparently saving me heaps but then i got home and i went to plug the infa red adapter in and i had to install the software for the polar and the infa red software but then i lined the infa red bit of the polar and IrDA and presses the icon on the polar software to try to find the polar Hr monitor. But it didnt.

Can anyone who knows anything about anything say somthing about this somthing.
Back when I used the Infrared thingy to download from my S725 I would replace the S725 batteries as soon as it started having problems finding the signal or completing a download. Fresh batteries always fixed my problem. Good luck.

hi, I have the polar cs600 and had a similar situation to you. I tried everything to get it working and finally found that i had to plug the Irda into the usb port directly at the back off the computer rather than using a usb hub. If you are using an extension cord or usb hub i would suggest that you also try doing this.

macaj said:
hi, I have the polar cs600 and had a similar situation to you. I tried everything to get it working and finally found that i had to plug the Irda into the usb port directly at the back off the computer rather than using a usb hub. If you are using an extension cord or usb hub i would suggest that you also try doing this.
I have a CS600 and I can give you the following pointers:

You need a standard infrared (irda) interface. Make sure that you don't have a silly setting in your firewall that blocks the USB interfaces. DO NOT try to use the proprietary Polar infrared interfaces.

To the poster that has the s710i, I believe you're in the opposite boat - you need the Polar interface - not a stardard irda infrared device.

I have s710i and it`s work perfect with irda for me.What you need to do is to check batteries in your Polar,this is silly question but did you install all drivers for your irda?
And you can use any irda device(you dont need to have polar irda);).Check irda for working with other device(phone...etc.).Transfer some files....Kind Best Regards Kovach.