Polar fitness test results

Ketzal

Nov 9, 2004
Did the Polar fitness test today (S720i) and got a result of 66.

My stats are
30 years old
170cm
71kg
Exercise level - Top
Max HR - 207
Male

Train six days per week, one day rest. 200-300km per week

Would love to know how this compares to everybody else's results.

Note the exercise frequency level has a signifigant effect on the result, on switching it to "top" rather than "high" it jumped approx 10 points.

Get those results up. Best if preformed while lying down, just after waking in the morning.

Ketzal said:

My stats are
30 years old
170cm
71kg
Exercise level - Top
Max HR - 207
Male

Note the exercise frequency level has a signifigant effect on the result, on switching it to "top" rather than "high" it jumped approx 10 points.

Get those results up. Best if preformed while lying down, just after waking in the morning.

I don't think this test means much but mine scored a 52 a few months ago. i train 5 days 12-15 hours (miles to me are useless) im 140 lbs 5'7" im a male 37 yrs, max hrt 178 rest hrt 39-43.

I scored a 52 last week. I train 5-6 days a week, 10 - 12 hours (approx 150 miles). I am 190 lbs 5'10", male, 35 yrs.

Exercise level - Top

Ketzal said:

My stats are
30 years old
170cm
71kg
Exercise level - Top
Max HR - 207
Male

I find the Polar fitness test to be a rather inane attempt to measure a complicated thing like fitness. ALL it does is measure your resting pulse, and then purports to be able to report your fitness level and your maximum heart beat. Jim Ryan has an amazingly high resting pulse of around 72 when he was the world record holder in the mile at 3:51.1. The Polar test would have rated him as a dud!

Give me some justification as to why and how you would think that simply measuring resting pulse would translate into an accurate fitness score.

Furthermore, I had a running training partner for a few years who had a resting pulse in the mid thirties - mine was in the mid 40's. According to Polar, he would have been more fit than I, but I could eat him alive at any distance from 1 mile to 10K.

You want a real measure of your fitness? Get out in the Peloton, and see where you finish at the end of a 40KM road race!

46 y/o Male - 5'9" - 152 - Top - Daily rider -- Index was 54 last time I checked. No complaints. That's probably about right in accordance with their index.

Actually I think it registers small differences in the pulse over time. Read something about it on polar.fi...

/Thomas

My stats are:
31 years old
177cm
71kg
Exercise level - Top
Max HR - 199
Male

Train four to five days per week, day rest. 200-300km per week

Started back training 5 weeks ago when my Own Index was 56.

I have now done 1100 km of training, 99% aerobic. My Own Index is now 66.

Ketzal said:

My stats are
30 years old
170cm
71kg
Exercise level - Top
Max HR - 207
Male

30 y.o, 179 cm/82 kg. 63-66 at TOP exercise level. Polar declares mean error is about 7%. But I know people who got 66 with polar and 74 with testing in lab.

24 y/o-183cm-67 kg-activity Top-training ~15 h/week 6-7 ×- score 74
now I am waiting for a test in a lab to get real result..
Has anyone tested VO2max in lab and compared results with Polar Fitness Index?

xbgs351 said:
My stats are:
31 years old
177cm
71kg
Exercise level - Top
Max HR - 199
Male

Train four to five days per week, day rest. 200-300km per week

Started back training 5 weeks ago when my Own Index was 56.

I have now done 1100 km of training, 99% aerobic. My Own Index is now 66.

Another two weeks training and it's hit 70. It would be nice if I could keep this rate of improvement.