polar infrared problems

mdplayer

Feb 16, 2005
ok im hoping someone else has this problem and has figured out what to do besides smack the watch with a hammer. :mad: :mad: :mad:

When I use the infrared feature with my s720i, it doesn't connect properly. I can connect to see how many exercise files are on the watch perfectly. When I try to get the exercise files off it, the watch responds as if it will send the files over, but it just stalls out and fails repeatly. I tried moving the watch and sensor around, cleaning them, everything. It just frustrates me because it works for half of the process but not everything. Any clues on whats going on here??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

mdplayer said:
ok im hoping someone else has this problem and has figured out what to do besides smack the watch with a hammer. :mad: :mad: :mad:

When I use the infrared feature with my s720i, it doesn't connect properly. I can connect to see how many exercise files are on the watch perfectly. When I try to get the exercise files off it, the watch responds as if it will send the files over, but it just stalls out and fails repeatly. I tried moving the watch and sensor around, cleaning them, everything. It just frustrates me because it works for half of the process but not everything. Any clues on whats going on here??

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Problems connecting is almost invariably a sign of a weak battery in the watch unit. With frequent training a brand new battery lasts me about a year or so before I have to send it in, and the first thing to go is always the infrared connection. (Note that the strap battery lasts only a little bit longer so you may want to send both in at the same time.)

Lanier