Polar IR solution

Dr_hush1417

Sep 4, 2009
I know alot of people have had trouble with the polar IR devices, they just don't seem to be reliable. Mine has been endless trouble since I first got it... it's the older style.

Simple question: can I connect to my watch using any IR device I can get at an electronics store? Or do I have to use one of these POS devices polar sells?

I have tried everything that I can find on polar's site, driver fixes, newest drivers, uninstalling the drivers and re-installing... now instead of shutting my computer down every other time I plug it in, and not working 90% of the time, it simply doesn't work, the drivers won't install for it.

Dr_hush1417 said:
Simple question: can I connect to my watch using any IR device I can get at an electronics store? Or do I have to use one of these POS devices polar sells?

I bought cheapest IR unit i could find in local electronics store. I have used it 4 years with Polar S725x. Had no problems jet.

catlike said:
I bought cheapest IR unit i could find in local electronics store. I have used it 4 years with Polar S725x. Had no problems jet.

Thank you! I'll get an IR device somewhere and see if I can make that work any better.

catlike said:

I got mine from ebay and it works fine for like 2 years now.

What in the heck happened to the format of the forums? Stupid little orange font, difficult to read. Reminds me of what my old buddy who ran the computer store said: "If it works, upgrade it until it doesn't!" This forum is nearly there!

Originally Posted by waldowales .

What in the heck happened to the format of the forums? Stupid little orange font, difficult to read. Reminds me of what my old buddy who ran the computer store said: "If it works, upgrade it until it doesn't!" This forum is nearly there!
Hey, now! The new, shiny crapiness is a feature! This is what happens when you don't actually think and read before an upgrade, when you don't actually know what you're trying to improve. This is an upgrade like Windows Vista was an upgrade from Windows XP.

The orange font does suck. I'm managing to navigate OK but the orange is hard to read.

Originally Posted by mccornwall .

The orange font does suck. I'm managing to navigate OK but the orange is hard to read.
If you use Firefox you can change the colors. Other browsers may do it as well?

anywayi.jpg

Weak response. Someone shouldn't have to dig into their browser to fix poorly thought out website color combos.

I do prefer the older format, it had personality. This one is just suddenly different and it will take a bit of time getting used to it, but I'm certain it has it's privaleges. Thanks for the effort Steve, now where are those damn jerseys? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Originally Posted by BHOFM .

If you use Firefox you can change the colors. Other browsers may do it as well?  

WOOT! I hadn't thought of that! Thanks for reminding me.

Now looking at a tasteful red/blue combo./img/vbsmilies/smilies/cool.gif