Polar Power Unit for S720i or S725x



jcjordan

New Member
Apr 5, 2004
504
0
0
50
Through a stroke of luck I have had to make a insurance claim for some flood damage that wrecked some old bike gear. The result is that I have a wad of cash to spend at the bike shop :D

I currently have a S720i and was looking at buying a power unit. I have spoken to a few people and they are really happy with their units, but a number suggest that I by the S725x with power unit as it has a bigger memory and better features to use with the power unit.

Just looking for the thoughts of those other power users.
 

jstock

New Member
Apr 24, 2006
69
0
0
jcjordan said:
I currently have a S720i and was looking at buying a power unit. I have spoken to a few people and they are really happy with their units, but a number suggest that I by the S725x with power unit as it has a bigger memory and better features to use with the power unit.
I'm pretty sure that the S725X has the same amount of memory as the 720. If i recall correctly the differences are that you can use the running pod with the s725x, looks, and maybe that the autostart is gone. The CS 600 is the new model with more memory.
/J
 

Tom Anhalt

New Member
Dec 9, 2003
239
0
0
jcjordan said:
Through a stroke of luck I have had to make a insurance claim for some flood damage that wrecked some old bike gear. The result is that I have a wad of cash to spend at the bike shop :D

I currently have a S720i and was looking at buying a power unit. I have spoken to a few people and they are really happy with their units, but a number suggest that I by the S725x with power unit as it has a bigger memory and better features to use with the power unit.

Just looking for the thoughts of those other power users.

Stick with the S720i. The S725x only adds download capability to a certain cellphone, and ELIMINATES the auto start/stop feature. I never understood that decision since you can TURN OFF the auto start/stop feature on the 720i if you don't like it or it's causing problems for you.

There's no memory difference between the 2 models.
 

psmalley

New Member
Jul 27, 2003
31
0
0
64
Tom Anhalt said:
Stick with the S720i. The S725x only adds download capability to a certain cellphone, and ELIMINATES the auto start/stop feature. I never understood that decision since you can TURN OFF the auto start/stop feature on the 720i if you don't like it or it's causing problems for you.

There's no memory difference between the 2 models.

Is it true that there is no auto start/stop on the 725X, or does the stop watch continue to run while in an exercise session, but average mph is adjusted for "zero" mph readings?
 

Tom Anhalt

New Member
Dec 9, 2003
239
0
0
psmalley said:
Is it true that there is no auto start/stop on the 725X, or does the stop watch continue to run while in an exercise session, but average mph is adjusted for "zero" mph readings?

It is true that there is no auto stop/start on that model...how it handles 0 mph times for the average, I have no idea. I would be surprised if it disregarded them for average mph. That would be a good question for Polar tech support.
 

Piotr

New Member
Jan 29, 2007
794
0
0
Tom Anhalt said:
It is true that there is no auto stop/start on that model...how it handles 0 mph times for the average, I have no idea. I would be surprised if it disregarded them for average mph. That would be a good question for Polar tech support.
Pre-Powertap I used the S725x and no, it does not include 0's in the average speed. It does however include .5, 1, 2, 3, etc. MPH as you slowly crawl towards that red light, so make it a habit of stopping quickly if average speed is a big issue for you. :)
 

psmalley

New Member
Jul 27, 2003
31
0
0
64
Tom Anhalt said:
It is true that there is no auto stop/start on that model...how it handles 0 mph times for the average, I have no idea. I would be surprised if it disregarded them for average mph. That would be a good question for Polar tech support.

From Polar tech support:

Dear Mr. Smalley,

Thank you for your email.

The S725x does not have the autostart feature.

The average speed calculation is working when the stopwatch is running and
the bike is moving ( zero speed is not counted).

If you need further assistance please feel free to contact Customer Service
at 800-227-1314 or 516-364-0400.

Thank you for choosing Polar.

Customer Service
POLAR ELECTRO INC.
 

Tom Anhalt

New Member
Dec 9, 2003
239
0
0
psmalley said:
From Polar tech support:

Dear Mr. Smalley,

Thank you for your email.

The S725x does not have the autostart feature.

The average speed calculation is working when the stopwatch is running and
the bike is moving ( zero speed is not counted).

If you need further assistance please feel free to contact Customer Service
at 800-227-1314 or 516-364-0400.

Thank you for choosing Polar.

Customer Service
POLAR ELECTRO INC.

Color me "pleasantly surprised"
:)