Polar Power Unit Help

John Mastrangelo

Guest
Hi folks,
I have a Polar Power unit that is no longer working or under warrenty
(bought used). The reason that it is not working is that all 3 wires (red,
blue and green) from the power unit cable have broken off from the connector
pins. I can fix it myself, but I do not know which wires to connect to which
connector pin. I've done a web search but so far have had no luck. I've
broken out the multimeter (I am a EE) but the results are not conclusive. If
someone has a unit, and is willing to take the connector apart (it is made
of 3 sections that screw together) and let me know which wire connects to
which pin, I would be super grateful. If you do, be careful that the cable
does not twist too much with respect to the connector sections (except the
outer - that one doesn't grip the cable), as the connections are fragile and
I wouldn't want anyone to break their unit on my account.

Thanks in advance!

John Mastrangelo

Ask your question at http://lists.topica.com/lists/wattage

John Mastrangelo wrote:
> I've done a web search but so far have had no luck. I've
> broken out the multimeter (I am a EE) but the results are not conclusive. If
> someone has a unit, and is willing to take the connector apart (it is made
> of 3 sections that screw together) and let me know which wire connects to
> which pin, I would be super grateful.
>
> John Mastrangelo

Are you _sure_ you did a web search? ;-)

A 5 sec search of this newsgroup on google groups found this:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec....gst&q=polar+connector&rnum=4#b05aaebec10617df

That should do ya...

"John Mastrangelo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi folks,
> I have a Polar Power unit that is no longer working or under warrenty
> (bought used). The reason that it is not working is that all 3 wires (red,
> blue and green) from the power unit cable have broken off from the
> connector pins. I can fix it myself, but I do not know which wires to
> connect to which connector pin. I've done a web search but so far have had
> no luck. I've broken out the multimeter (I am a EE) but the results are
> not conclusive. If someone has a unit, and is willing to take the
> connector apart (it is made of 3 sections that screw together) and let me
> know which wire connects to which pin, I would be super grateful. If you
> do, be careful that the cable does not twist too much with respect to the
> connector sections (except the outer - that one doesn't grip the cable),
> as the connections are fragile and I wouldn't want anyone to break their
> unit on my account.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> John Mastrangelo

I had the same problem but had trouble soldering the small wires. I sent
it to Polar and they fixed it for free. It did take three weeks.

BobT

Thanks everyone. Problem is solved and I am back in the business of amazing
myself with my enormous power output :)