Polar Power Unit

Howard Ashcraft

Guest
When the Polar Power components were first introduced, there was considerable discussion about its
accuracy and reliability. Now that they have been around for a while, what has been the experience
in using the Polar for measuring power? I have a 710 hrm and would be willing to try using power, if
people have had acceptable experience.

"Howard Ashcraft" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> When the Polar Power components were first introduced, there was considerable discussion about its
> accuracy and reliability. Now that they have been around for a while, what has been the experience
> in using the Polar for measuring power? I have a 710 hrm and would be willing to try using power,
> if people have had acceptable experience.

You might try posting your question at www.topica.com/lists/wattage to solicit input from actual
owners. But from what I've heard/read, nothing has really changed, i.e., accuracy seems to depend on
installation/gear selection/environment (i.e., road vs. trainer/rollers), and reliability isn't
perfect. (OTOH, since you already own the watch then adding the power option is by far the cheapest
of the three choices, i.e., SRM, PowerTap, Polar.)

If you do opt for the Polar, be prepared to spend a fair amount of time setting it up and verifying
the data if you want to be assured of accurate numbers.

Andy Coggan