Polar Precision Software - Data Editing

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kendall, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Kendall

    Kendall Guest

    Is there an easy way to edit Polar Data downloaded from your HRM using Polar Precision Software. I'm
    using the latest software and its editing is very cumbersome and funky. What I'd like to do is
    export the data table into Word or Excel for editing, then go back and import it into the Polar
    Precision Software. I haven't figured out how to import the edited data. I am using an Xtrainer Plus
    and the altitude cuts out know and then. Any guidance or experience would be appreciated.

    Kendall

    Tags:

  2. Lou Holtman

    Lou Holtman Guest

    Kendall wrote:

    > Is there an easy way to edit Polar Data downloaded from your HRM using Polar Precision Software.
    > I'm using the latest software and its editing is very cumbersome and funky. What I'd like to do is
    > export the data table into Word or Excel for editing, then go back and import it into the Polar
    > Precision Software. I haven't figured out how to import the edited data. I am using an Xtrainer
    > Plus and the altitude cuts out know and then. Any guidance or experience would be appreciated.
    >
    > Kendall

    You can open de .hrm file in Notepad and look for the -999 (I suppose) values in the altitude
    column. Correct these values and save the file under the same name. Just open the edited .hrm file
    in the Polar software. BTW did you tried the use a piece of aluminium foil between the X-trainer
    Plus end the altitudesensor (bad design) to avoid altitude cuts?
    --
    Lou

  3. Kendall

    Kendall Guest

    "Lou Holtman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Kendall wrote:
    > >
    > > Is there an easy way to edit Polar Data downloaded from your HRM using
    Polar
    > > Precision Software. I'm using the latest software and its editing is
    very
    > > cumbersome and funky. What I'd like to do is export the data table into Word or Excel for
    > > editing, then go back and import it into the Polar Precision Software. I haven't figured out how
    > > to import the edited
    data. I
    > > am using an Xtrainer Plus and the altitude cuts out know and then. Any guidance or experience
    > > would be appreciated.
    > >
    > > Kendall
    >
    > You can open de .hrm file in Notepad and look for the -999 (I suppose) values in the altitude
    > column. Correct these values and save the file under the same name. Just open the edited .hrm file
    > in the Polar software. BTW did you tried the use a piece of aluminium foil between the X-trainer
    > Plus end the altitudesensor (bad design) to avoid altitude cuts?
    > --
    > Lou

    Thanks I'll try that. No I didn't use the foil. It is a bad design and it get worse with age. The
    sensor uses these expensive batteries too fast too. Kendall