Polar S410 s/w

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by ppp-man, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. ppp-man

    ppp-man Guest

    Hi,

    I have had my S410 for 4-5 years now. I still use the PCCoach that came
    with the original purchase. However, the latest update remains v 2.3 in
    2001. I wonder if Polar now uses other programs to DL heartrate
    information. If so, where can I get a copy? Would it be free? Or I have
    to buy it? Afterall, if it ships with the current S410 and the model is
    current, why not a free DL?

    (please reply to Newsgroup - don't like spam)

    Tags:

  2. Perdy Tired

    Perdy Tired Guest

    Polar started shipping S410's with the "Polar Precision Performance
    Software" shortly after I bought mine (a few years ago, also with PCCoach).

    You can download a (limited functionality) trial version from their
    website...
    http://support.polar.fi/PKBSupport.nsf/webpages/trial
    .... or it separately as a part of the Polar S-series Precision Toolkit CD
    (as I did).

    Perdy.

    "ppp-man" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have had my S410 for 4-5 years now. I still use the PCCoach that came
    > with the original purchase. However, the latest update remains v 2.3 in
    > 2001. I wonder if Polar now uses other programs to DL heartrate
    > information. If so, where can I get a copy? Would it be free? Or I have
    > to buy it? Afterall, if it ships with the current S410 and the model is
    > current, why not a free DL?

    > (please reply to Newsgroup - don't like spam)

  3. ppp-man

    ppp-man Guest

    How much was the Polar S-series Precision Toolkit CD?

  4. Perdy Tired

    Perdy Tired Guest

    Mine cost CDN$13.38 (including taxes and shipping), but I was just outside
    of a year after my original purchase at that time. Had I been earlier it
    would have been a free upgrade.