polar s520 question

lupson wrote:
> does anyone know how to replace the cadence sensor battery?

Open it up very carefully. I.e. be very careful making sure that you have a
very small Philips screwdriver that will not damage your screws. There are
two of them and once you get the feeling for it just unscrew them and open
it up. Pull out the circuit board where you will see the battery. One of the
fasteners can be lifted up with a small screwdriver so that you can slide
the battery out.

When closing I sometimes put a wee bit of white grease around the rubber
seal. Be careful not to over tighten the small screws.

Speed sensor is done the same way.

--
Perre

> Open it up very carefully. I.e. be very careful making sure that you have a
> very small Philips screwdriver that will not damage your screws. There are
> two of them and once you get the feeling for it just unscrew them and open
> it up. Pull out the circuit board where you will see the battery. One of the
> fasteners can be lifted up with a small screwdriver so that you can slide
> the battery out.
>
> When closing I sometimes put a wee bit of white grease around the rubber
> seal. Be careful not to over tighten the small screws.
>
> Speed sensor is done the same way.

Just to add, the two screws are located in the part you can't reach when the sensor is mounted. So you'll have to remove the sensor
first to reach the screws.

lupson wrote:
> how long do the batteries usually last?

Between a year or two for me. I ride 5000+ miles and around the year through
Scandinavian winter. Warmer weather will give longer battery life.

--
Perre