Polar S710 - Interval timer stopping countdown problem.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Don R., Feb 4, 2003.

  1. Don R.

    Don R. Guest

    I just started using my 710 with intervals on my bike on the trainer. My interval is "manual warm
    up" then "1min @100% effort" followed by "2min recovery" X 6. that = 1 set. My problem is that the
    HRM would stop and beep during the 1 min countdown. the red button would have a "start" above it and
    i'd press that, it would continue to countdown for another few seconds (no rhyme or reson for the
    time period) and then stop/beep and not countdown again until i pressed the red button. This
    continued until i was so fed up i stopped my interval. did this with both the recovery and the
    effort periods. Its likely obvious but any help would be great.

    also Point #2. The above interval set had 3 repeats with a 5 min rest section in between each "set".
    Polar has no ability that i can find to schedule that 5 min rest then return to set #2. is this a
    problem with anyone else? My Interval should look like "warmup (manual)", Set 1 "1 min on, 2 min
    off" x6 5min recovery Set 2 "1 min on, 2 min off" x6 5min recovery Set 3 "1 min on, 2 min off" x6
    5min recovery Cooldown (manual)

    Tags:

  2. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On 4 Feb 2003 06:03:41 -0800, [email protected] (Don R.) wrote:

    >I just started using my 710 with intervals on my bike on the trainer. My interval is "manual warm
    >up" then "1min @100% effort" followed by "2min recovery" X 6. that = 1 set. My problem is that the
    >HRM would stop and beep during the 1 min countdown. the red button would have a "start" above it
    >and i'd press that, it would continue to countdown for another few seconds (no rhyme or reson for
    >the time period) and then stop/beep and not countdown again until i pressed the red button. This
    >continued until i was so fed up i stopped my interval. did this with both the recovery and the
    >effort periods. Its likely obvious but any help would be great.

    Go to options - bike - autostart; make sure it's set to on. Should solve your problem. Otherwise,
    check to see if the speed sensor has been bumped out of position.

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp