Polar S710 - Interval timer stopping countdown problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don R.

I just started using my 710 with intervals on my bike on the trainer. My interval is "manual warm
up" then "1min @100% effort" followed by "2min recovery" X 6. that = 1 set. My problem is that the
HRM would stop and beep during the 1 min countdown. the red button would have a "start" above it and
i'd press that, it would continue to countdown for another few seconds (no rhyme or reson for the
time period) and then stop/beep and not countdown again until i pressed the red button. This
continued until i was so fed up i stopped my interval. did this with both the recovery and the
effort periods. Its likely obvious but any help would be great.

also Point #2. The above interval set had 3 repeats with a 5 min rest section in between each "set".
Polar has no ability that i can find to schedule that 5 min rest then return to set #2. is this a
problem with anyone else? My Interval should look like "warmup (manual)", Set 1 "1 min on, 2 min
off" x6 5min recovery Set 2 "1 min on, 2 min off" x6 5min recovery Set 3 "1 min on, 2 min off" x6
5min recovery Cooldown (manual)

On 4 Feb 2003 06:03:41 -0800, [email protected] (Don R.) wrote:

>I just started using my 710 with intervals on my bike on the trainer. My interval is "manual warm
>up" then "1min @100% effort" followed by "2min recovery" X 6. that = 1 set. My problem is that the
>HRM would stop and beep during the 1 min countdown. the red button would have a "start" above it
>and i'd press that, it would continue to countdown for another few seconds (no rhyme or reson for
>the time period) and then stop/beep and not countdown again until i pressed the red button. This
>continued until i was so fed up i stopped my interval. did this with both the recovery and the
>effort periods. Its likely obvious but any help would be great.
>

Go to options - bike - autostart; make sure it's set to on. Should solve your problem. Otherwise,
check to see if the speed sensor has been bumped out of position.

Thanks, Ronde Chimp

Status
Not open for further replies.