Polar S710 - Interval timer stopping countdown problem.

Don R.

Guest
I just started using my 710 with intervals on my bike on the trainer. My interval is "manual warm
up" then "1min @100% effort" followed by "2min recovery" X 6. that = 1 set. My problem is that the
HRM would stop and beep during the 1 min countdown. the red button would have a "start" above it and
i'd press that, it would continue to countdown for another few seconds (no rhyme or reson for the
time period) and then stop/beep and not countdown again until i pressed the red button. This
continued until i was so fed up i stopped my interval. did this with both the recovery and the
effort periods. Its likely obvious but any help would be great.

also Point #2. The above interval set had 3 repeats with a 5 min rest section in between each "set".
Polar has no ability that i can find to schedule that 5 min rest then return to set #2. is this a
problem with anyone else? My Interval should look like "warmup (manual)", Set 1 "1 min on, 2 min
off" x6 5min recovery Set 2 "1 min on, 2 min off" x6 5min recovery Set 3 "1 min on, 2 min off" x6
5min recovery Cooldown (manual)

On 4 Feb 2003 06:03:41 -0800, [email protected] (Don R.) wrote:

>I just started using my 710 with intervals on my bike on the trainer. My interval is "manual warm
>up" then "1min @100% effort" followed by "2min recovery" X 6. that = 1 set. My problem is that the
>HRM would stop and beep during the 1 min countdown. the red button would have a "start" above it
>and i'd press that, it would continue to countdown for another few seconds (no rhyme or reson for
>the time period) and then stop/beep and not countdown again until i pressed the red button. This
>continued until i was so fed up i stopped my interval. did this with both the recovery and the
>effort periods. Its likely obvious but any help would be great.

Go to options - bike - autostart; make sure it's set to on. Should solve your problem. Otherwise,
check to see if the speed sensor has been bumped out of position.

Thanks, Ronde Chimp